“Good choice for stay, park and fly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #25 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This was our first stay at the Fairfield Inn, it was a good choice for stay, park and fly. We had a reasonable rate and were able to leave our car parked there for 2 weeks. They have a shuttle to the airport that was quick and efficient. The only problem we encountered was that we did not get our requested wake-up call the morning of our flight. Fortunately, I woke up on my own, if now, it could have a been a major problem for us making our flight. We would stay here again, just use my own alarm clock.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travlingal51
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport

Reviewed 18 July 2009

Our family spent the night at this hotel the evening before we left on our cruise. Check in was quick and the gentleman at the front-desk was very helpful. The rooms are a good size and very clean. The beds were comfortable and I'm sure we would've slept much better, had we not been leaving for the Bahamas the next morning! No reflection on the hotel at all! :) There were a couple of restaurants within walking distance, which was a plus, after such a long drive during the day. Very nice breakfast, that included waffles, muffins, fruit and juices. Coffee pots in the rooms - which is great! Short drive to Jacksonville port, so I do recommend to anyone who needs a place to stay prior to cruise travel. Not sure about shuttle service, as we parked at the port.

Enjoyed it and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank topkat930
Reviewed 2 May 2008

I stayed here for a business trip and was so pleased by the comfort and great service. Whoever hired the staff should be very pleased with the team. The accomodations, fitness center, complimentary breakfast, and personal service made this trip pleasant for me. I did not use the shuttle, laundry, pool, or whirlpool as I was quite busy every day. If you have to be away from home on business you want to stay somewhere like this. I recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank california_dreaming1
Reviewed 31 March 2008

The hotel itself was clean , the rooms were a good size and the wireless internet was fine. Check in was quick and we were allowed to check in at 9 am , so that was a major plus. The one negative was the shuttle service. It took 20 minutes to pick us up from the airport , which is ok , however when we were leaving to go to the courtyard , the shuttle took 1 HOUR to pick us up. That is unacceptable considering all the hotels that it serves are within a mile of each other and the airport is only 5 minutes away. The girl at the front desk was somewhat helpful concerning the shuttle but you could tell it was really her problem , and she "has no idea why it is taking so long"

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank bking406
Reviewed 23 February 2008

My wife and I have stayed here on several occassions. It is a great location and price for traveling in or out of Jacksonville. The hotel is very clean, they include a very good but simple breakfast. If you are traveling out of the airport, you can leave your car there free for a week.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alvin M
Reviewed 2 February 2008

This was a nice and clean hotel. We left too early to sample the breakfast but overall I would give this hotel a B+ with the experience we had.

We had to ask twice for the early airport shuttle to pick us up at 4:30am since our flight was leaving at 6:00am. The first desk clerk didn't seem too interested in signing us up so later in the evening with a shift change we went back to the front desk and they were more than happy to schedule us the early shuttle.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2007

I am a Marriott rewards Silver Elite member. This was the worst Marriott I have ever encountered. I inspected my room before I unpacked. The sheets were dirty. They let me try another room and that had torn sheets too and stained sheets also. I went back to the front counter and they said that they did not have staff to change the linen & that I would have to do it myself. Excused me but I just drove 800 miles, didn't eat dinner yet and I didn't feel like changing linen at 9pm at night! On top of that the girl at the front desk could care less. I asked to speak to the Manager and of course he was not there. She said she called him and she said he could not do anything more for us either. Do yourself a favor and stay next door at the Hilton. It is better and that's exactly what I did!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family