“Don't waste your money!”

Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast
Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel when coming to town for a funeral. The room that we were assign smelled so badly of mold it triggered an allergy reaction in both of my children. My sister and her family stayed across the hall. She was up all night killing cockroaches. The carpet and chair were filthy. The night gal on staff was so rude who made our already depressing visit worst.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank dsinturn
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear dsinturn,
Thank you for sharing your concerns about your stay. I apologize we failed to meet the expectations you have come accustom to with the Marriott brand. The issues you had mentioned have been addressed and would like to speak with you if possible to discuss in detail the concerns you mentioned. Please feel free to reach out to me at bill.benko@pillarhotels.com. Thanks again,
Sincerest Apologies,
Bill Benko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

During the time when my mother was ill, I traveled back and forth from Pensacola to Jacksonville. Quite often I stayed at the airport Marriott. Rules were always clean, staff always willing to go the extra mile! Housekeeping staff excellent! From top to bottom. The workers at this hotel were extraordinary!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I travel once a week to Jacksonville from Daytona beach for business and have been doing so since March 2013. I have have stayed in plenttyyyyy of hotels, but this hotel is absolutely the best!! The front desk staff is wonderful and are my favorite!!! They have always gone above and beyond to help me with anything and being a woman who travels alone I really appriciate that! The managers are also extremely helpful and have always made me feel very welcome! The rooms are great and perfectly cleaned everytime I've ever stayed here. I also really love the modern vide they have going on!!! I cannot express enough how great these people have been to me and I hate that I won'e be needing to stay here anymore!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I stay in Marriott hotels for business and personal travel and this hotel was in my top 5 for everything. The hotel is in good style and very clean. The staff was very friendly and I personally witnessed them go above and beyond for 2 other guests who had special requests. The atmosphere was fun but professional and the food at their restaurant was enjoyable and quick. My luggage had missed the flight and was being delivered to the hotel. Upon arrival to the hotel the front desk called me and took my bag to my room so it was waiting on me when I returned. I use to stay at the Springhill when traveling to Jacksonville but will now always stay with the Courtyard. Two Thumbs Up

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This Hotel has updated clerks desk area and the foyer is pretty however, the room we stayed in was just average. The staff was helpful and checked us in fast at the "11th hour check in" however, when I looked at room it was average. Mattress felt old and springy and the pillows are made for a child. The a/c had a loud screeshing noise, it kept me up all night. I did not have time to let clerk know about the noise but was very annoyed. The room needs updated i.e. the carpets and mattress.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have stayed at the courtyard many times before flying out of Jacksonville when we have a very early flight and have stayed here when we have a very late flight returning to Jacksonville. The service is normally very good. Staff try to be as helpful as possible. However, on this last trip we called from Atlanta to see if the shuttle would be running when we got in at midnight. We were told that the driver had just left so we needed to take a taxi to the hotel. Its not very far so we knew it would be less than $15. When we arrived at the hotel at 1am, they asked us if we were the ones that called from the airport because she just sent the driver to the airport! What driver....I thought he went home at 10pm!! I said no, I am the one that called from Atlanta. So, it cost us to take a taxi, and a driver was there. Oh well. Other than that (and the complimentary coffee in the morning being cold), we had a decent night stay. We will certainly stay there again, as we have many times.

Room Tip: Don't know that there are any bad ones. I like to stay close to elevator if I have a lot of lugg...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Booked it from priceline in the car during our trip to west palm. Called 30min later to confirm checkin and to let them know we would be LATE... rolled in at midnight with two sleeping toddlers and check in was a swipe of the card and she gave me the key...fastest check in ever...less than a minute. We were in bed 10mins after pulling in! Great stay. And easy on and off to 95 too. Definitely will stay there again next year.

• Stayed July 2013