“Solid Marriott Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Orlando, Florida
“Solid Marriott Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a stay at this location primarily due to their pet-friendly status. I was able to comfortably stay with my two small dogs and my guests without any issues. Acquiring a room on the first floor made it quite convenient to walk my dogs and dispose of waste appropriately, though no baggies or designated pet waste areas were provided. The pet-friendly designation is clearly an after thought, but I was not inconvenienced in anyway.

The location was near many restaurants and shopping centers for convenience and was a mere 15 minutes away from an event I was attending at the veterans' arena.

As others stated, the lobby is well-renovated and, in most cases, so was the room, though the bathroom could use some TLC. Service was courteous and they were quite accommodating with a request for a later check-out time. Overall, a solid and comfortable stay, consistent with my experiences at other Courtyard locations.

I certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Springboro, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night passing through. Very nice, quiet hotel. The front desk employee was super nice, and check-in was fast and easy. We had a great night's sleep and would recommend this hotel to anyone. One note, though: I did not see a hair dryer in the room. I assume I could have gotten one at the front desk, but it's been a while since I've been in a hotel room without one.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

An average experience primarily due to a worn appearance in my suite. Reception and cleaning staff were helpful and courteous but the overall feel of the property was lacking in relation to my typical Courtyard experience. Would return again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a good rest stop on the I95 route. Just off I95 and close to I10, it is a good location for those traveling to south or west Florida. A free breakfast is included, and you are walking distance from decent dinner. The place is clean and well run, so I recommend it as a way stop. Only issue is that GPS directions aren't always clear: the hotel is on a service road to the airport. Slightly tricky to find on your first pass.
Good thing is that you are a couple of miles from the Jacksonville outlets, so a good place to stock up for those traveling south or west.
We stayed here several times with no issues.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

The lobby and the little restaurant look really nice.
The room was big but smelled a little like humidity. It wasn't really pleasant.
There was an alarm (fire probably) that went on twice in our room at 5am. It is a «nice» way to wake you up! They didn't see it at the lobby so I don't know if it was fixed cause we left right away.

A good thing was that the staff was really nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the hotel several times now on business trips, and each time I've had a bad experience.

On my first visit, there was a significant amount of mold growing on the shower liner.

On another visit, there was a small
Cockroach in my bathroom sink.

In my most recent visit, there was a large palmetto cockroach under my bathroom sink.

Each time I was told it related to changing weather conditions, and there wasn't much they could do. I was offered alternate rooms, but told it probably wouldn't make a difference. They called the pest control company.

I wouldn't even be posting here, but it's becoming a pattern, and I would advise against staying in this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jerod A
Bill B, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Airport Northeast, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Jerod A,
Thank you for voicing your concern. I again apologize for this inconvenience you experienced while satying with us. As I previously mentioned to you, this is certainly not indicative of the high service standards that we strive for nor you have become accustom to with the Marriott Brand. luckily, this seems to have been an islolated incident as we have not seen a rising trend regarding our pest control. I again sincerley apologize and hope that you will be back in the future.
Best Regards,
Bill Benko
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel could use an update. While the lobby has been "refreshed" with modern look and decor, the rooms could use some attention. The room and hallways had a musty smell. The air conditioning was old and rattled. The furnishings were worn and not very comfortable. The mattress was old and springy, with small pillows, and did not make for a restful sleep - I have had my share of comfortable plush Marriott beds and this was definitely not one of them. On the positive, the staff were nice and there are plenty of nearby restaurants. If I had to do it again, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear EricG123,
Thank you for your review. On a positive note, I am glad you found our staff helpful and friendly. I will be sure to share this with our team as it is always an encouragement to hear. I apologize the room was not to your standards and always seeking ways to improve our guest experience. Thanks again for your feedback and certainly hope we will have an opportunity to accomodate your traveling needs in the future.
Best Regards,