I travel quite a bit on business, usually for 1-2 weeks at a time. This particular Residence Inn was not quite up to the standards that I expect from a Residence Inn. It felt more like they were maintaining to the standards of a budget motel.
1. Humidity. Granted, Jacksonville is a humid climate, so you have to expect a certain degree of moisture in the rooms, but I was disappointed that the rooms actually smelled dank and had a hint of mildew and mold.
2. Cleanliness. It seemed like the cleaning crew was just a bit sloppy or casual with cleaning the rooms. It certainly wasn't unsanitary or disgusting, but it certainly was never cleaned as thoroughly as I would expect for a Residence Inn.
3. Poor coordination of amenities. For example, they had a nicely equipped guest laundry room that operated on quarters, but had no change machine and on two occasions did not have quarters available at the front desk. Also, there were several times in our two-week stay that there were no clean towels at the pool in the evening.
1. Convenient location. The hotel has a central location south of Jacksonville, close to restaurants, shops, and many businesses. Considering how spread out Jacksonville is, being within a 15-minute drive of the necessities is good.
2. The breakfast room and other community amenities were clean and well-maintained. The food is certainly nothing to write home about, but it's a pretty decent (free) full breakfast every morning and there is a light meal/snack provided in the evenings Monday-Thursday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Residence Inn by Marriott Jacksonville hotel - a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program - providing spacious one and two bedroom hotel suites designed for the extended-stay traveler. Enjoy the most comfortable accommodations among Jacksonville hotels, featuring fully-equipped kitchens with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, stove-top, cookware, utensils, and dishwasher. Start your day right with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, featuring healthy options plus grab-and-go items, and unwind during the Manager's Reception every Monday-Wednesday nights. Enjoy a relaxing swim in the outdoor pool or a soak in the Hot Tub. If you are looking for a workout, play an invigorating game of basketball or volleyball on our Sport Court or a run on one of our Treadmills or Elliptical Machines in our 24 hour Fitness Center. Just minutes from our extended stay Jacksonville hotel is Deerwood Park, St John's Town Center Mall, the Mayo Clinic, St Luke's, the University of North Florida, Jacksonville University, Downtown Jacksonville and the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard Hotel Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Residence Inn