Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenbreakfast each morningjohn's centerking sizest johnsexercise roompool and hot tuboatmealbusiness travelerfront desk managernice propertypleasant staywould stay againconvenient locationstovesofa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Friendly staff, clean, spacious suites and right around the corner from the Town Center shopping and dining area. Each night they offer a free wine and beer happy hour, plus a buffet style dinner! Excellent property!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy C
Fitzroy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Amy C.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay experience at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, I am very pleased to hear that we did meet your expectation and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
If I can be of any assistance for future reservations please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

First of all, after making a reservation and noting I was using Govt Rates, found out that this hotel only accepts Govt DOD employees IDs only. They do not accept Fed Contractor IDs, even though on official business, nor do they accept Military IDs for the Govt Rates. Only was I was able to stay was to contact Marriott and they had to call the hotel. I was able to stay only part of my stay however, and went to a competitor hotel for rest of my stay. Anyways, the location is a driving distance to shopping, not walking. The quality of the rooms is relatively current, but the hotel look is out of date. Pool area also has a BBQ area and basketball area for kids. The pool area can be packed on the weekends and a little loud.

Room Tip: Get something near the main office if possible, overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Krumdog89

Dear Krumdog89

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay experience at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, I am very disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectation and I want to offer my sincere apology.
Please know that we are taking corrective measures to address these issues and concerns to ensure that our future guests will not be impacted in the same manner.
We would like the opportunity to regain your loyalty, please feel free to call or email me to discuss these matters so that a resolution can be reached.
I anticipate hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

As consistent Marriott customers, we were very displeased with our stay at the Jacksonville Butler Blvd. Residence Inn. I was a patient visiting the Mayo Clinic and was very sick with liver issues. As I told my husband, we have never had such problems with a Marriott hotel on a trip where I truly needed comfort and ease. It became so irritating to deal with that we ultimately checked out early and checked into the Hilton Homewood Suites which welcomed us with open arms and much better care and customer service. Starting at the beginning and making a long story as short as possible, we dealt with problems starting at check-in. Although Marriott reservations had promised us a room with a king-sized bed, they didn't even have rooms with king-sized beds available in the whole hotel. The only thing she had us booked for and was ready to provide for us was a room with one queen. As a liver patient with a severe body temperature problem, I needed my husband next to me to help me in the middle of the night (changing ice packs on my back) and a king-sized bed specifically for the room for all of my needed accessories. At this point, a seemingly irritated hostess told us that she would try to get us into a double suite if she could get someone to clean it after hearing our frustration. She mentioned several times how short-staffed they were. And despite the fact she put the blame on Reservations, we were told that we had to call them and take care of the problem ourselves if we wanted to complain with no true apology or reparation from her. We ended up apologizing to her way more than she did to us, leaving us with a feeling of customer dissatisfaction from the get-go. We went to dinner, and luckily she did get us a double suite instead of just one queen-sized bed, but the room was very dingy and not well taken care of at all. My husband ended up across the suite in another room, and I was left alone to wake up and yell for his help several times in one night. Needless to say, this situation had me wide awake and with no rest whatsoever. Had I known there were no king-sized suites available, we would have booked a reservation somewhere else. Also, the kitchen floor was sticky, the toilet and sinks were clogged, the room phone did not work, and the carpet was completely stained. The bathtubs were even older and nasty and the all around smell to the room was disgusting. We had to stick it out for 2 nights until we could get another room and the customer service never got better. The next morning, they had no forks or butter at breakfast. No forks, really? Both of the front desk help claimed management issues blaming it on the manager who didn't go buy what they needed to have and no real apology for the inconvenience again. Then, when I turned in my complaint about the toilet and clogged sinks right after breakfast at 7, she wrote it down and I told her we would be gone all morning and to please take care of it before we got back. When we got back about 1 from the hospital, nobody had been in the room and although I wanted to rest, we had to call the front desk and ask again to get it taken care of immediately. Finally, someone showed up. Mike the maintenance man was the bright spot for this location being quick and very friendly. Then, after about 3 or 4 more hours, a completely different maintenance man showed up while I was resting, assumingly from the request at 7 that morning. That night, my husband called in a wake-up call and I hesitated, but told him that it might not be a good idea to depend on the front desk, and sure enough, a wake-up call never came. After all this, we just decided to change hotels because this hassle was making an already painful trip almost intolerable. We are sorry to say that we will never be returning to this location despite the good shopping and eating area it is located in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Melray6865,

I anticipate hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Residence Inn is usually our facility of choice because of the homey atmosphere that the Residence Inn offers. The rooms are always clean and inviting. The rooms are private and you always feel that you are in your own home. This facility is off the beaten path, but we go out of our way to try to get reservations here when traveling through Jacksonville. The breakfast is always inviting and tasty. There is sufficient variety to the various dietary lifestyle. This is noted as we are vegetarians. It would be nice if the toilets were just a little deeper and higher. They seem to be appropriate for smaller people and children. Additional handrail toward the back of the tub would add to the safety of the tenant when maneuvering in the tub. The pool was closed for maintenance during our stay, so we took advantage of the exercise room. The equipment was adequate and accommodated several guests at one time. I would recommend that they place some spray bottles with disinfectant in the room so that each user can wipe down the equipment before and after their use, as DNA is transferred through perspiration. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are what we select. But overall, the facility is quiet most of the time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Fitzroy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Nat G,
Thank you for taking the time to post the review regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard.
Your feedback was very much appreciated and is being shared with our staff as we continue to take corrective actions to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their experience here.
Please do visit us whenever your travels bring you back to our area and if there is anything I can personally do let me know.
Thanks again

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hi, I stayed at Residence Inn, Butler Blvd in Jacksonville for 25 nights in March 2014 on official work at my client place in Jacksonville. The major issue which is still going on is that they don't know how much money has been taken from my Card. I am maintaining the account since I have to settle my expenses with my company. They have taken USD 300.42 excess from my card, but not able to reconcile it to refund.

When I checked-out from the hotel, they took almost 40 minutes to check my account status and when they failed to reconcile it, they took my cell number to call back, but I did not receive any calls. I came back to India and still making lots of calls to get the excess payment of USD 300.42 to settle my card expenses with my company.

They took some money even after I checked out of the hotel room which is really a matter of concern. Fortunately, it was my corporate prepaid card and I made the balance zero to avoid any further unauthorized payment going out. They are still struggling to reconcile my account. I have provided my card statement for them to identify the total payment taken and it clearly shows that the total money taken is excess by USD 300.42 against the final bill amount.
I have made so many calls from India (ISD calls) and they have not made even a single call me. Whenever I talk to Mr.John who is the General Manager, he keeps giving some excuse to post pone the discussion, but never made an attempt to resolve this issue.

I will wait for few more days to get the refund, if not received; a suit will be filed against this hotel. This is really unethical and unprofessional way of managing the business being a group of Marriott which has good name in the market. Even they don't show proper courtesy for their customers. They do it as if someone has forced them to show the hospitality which speaks from their actions.

I felt it’s really a crappy service, the rooms are good but housekeeping and maintenance is very pathetic. You can see dust everywhere in the room. Many times I felt as if they are doing a charity for us at free of cost.

I am still waiting for my refund of USD 300.42 and I will continue to fight to get it.

I have to come back to Jacksonville again for two more months, but will never stay in this hotel and I sincerely don't suggest anyone staying for more than 2 nights. Please handle them with cash payments, never share your card details, to be on safer side and save your time later.

I had to write this feedback because I am really unhappy with my excess payment still not being refunded.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Fitzroy M, General Manager at Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Shiva,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I first want to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, as per our conversation we are still waiting to hear back from your bank so that this matter can be rectified.

Fitzroy MAson