Just got done staying here for one week. We stayed at this hotel because I was with my grandmother, and she had stayed here before. I had been in Jacksonville back in March and stayed at the Staybridge (which couldn't have been better), but I figured what's one week. First of all the place is outdated. You are not getting what you are paying for. You will pay a premium to stay somewhere that saw its best days back in the 90s. Second, our room had black mold in the air vents (which is a big deal for me as I suffer from severe allergies). We checked all vents, there was mold on the vents in both bedrooms and the living room. Maintenance had to come fix the hot water in the shower while we were here as it wouldn't get above luke-warm, and one of our phones didn't work. We went to do our laundry and not only was it expensive ($1.75 for the washer and another $1.75 for the dryer) but also we discovered beer had been poured in all four dryers and the can was tossed in one of the washers. The entire hotel is in BAD need of a renovation. I will say that the people who work here are extremely friendly - especially the housekeeper, and the front desk staff, but it's not enough to overcome the hotel itself. Unless they do a complete renovation, I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Staybridge down the street. That whole hotel is brand new with granite countertops, flat screen tvs, nice beds, and best of all No Moldy Air Vents! Our rate there was actually cheaper, the hotel is basically an entire class above this, it's just as convenient, and the people there are friendly too (I actually looked into switching there halfway through this stay, but they were booked).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Residence Inn by Marriott Jacksonville hotel - a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program - providing spacious one and two bedroom hotel suites designed for the extended-stay traveler. Enjoy the most comfortable accommodations among Jacksonville hotels, featuring fully-equipped kitchens with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, stove-top, cookware, utensils, and dishwasher. Start your day right with our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, featuring healthy options plus grab-and-go items, and unwind during the Manager's Reception every Monday-Wednesday nights. Enjoy a relaxing swim in the outdoor pool or a soak in the Hot Tub. If you are looking for a workout, play an invigorating game of basketball or volleyball on our Sport Court or a run on one of our Treadmills or Elliptical Machines in our 24 hour Fitness Center. Just minutes from our extended stay Jacksonville hotel is Deerwood Park, St John's Town Center Mall, the Mayo Clinic, St Luke's, the University of North Florida, Jacksonville University, Downtown Jacksonville and the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Jacksonville Butler Boulevard Hotel Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Residence Inn