“Great Hotel and Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #77 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great Hotel and Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

My boyfriend and I live in Georgia. We went to Jacksonville the weekend of New Years. We had a great experience staying at the hotel. Rooms were clean, bed was super comfortable and the pillows were just the best. The hotel was close to the beach and to downtown, also there is a Dave & Buster's right around the corner. The staff of the hotel was extremely nice and friendly. The breakfast was very good also. The only thing that I would have liked is if there were an inside pool. The outside pool looked like it was very nice . ( We could not swim because it was kind of cold and windy ).
If we go back to Jacksonville again, we are more likely to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, TX USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

For a night's sleep in a quiet place this Hampton is Ok. There are not restaurants nearby and a navigation system helps when getting back on I-95. Breakfast is basic Hampton vituals. Price is Ok but for a few $ more you can do better elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011
Rogersville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Like another reviewer, we frequently stay at Hampton Inns. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the breakfast buffet was standard, nice enough workout room. The bed linens are nice. The beds are showing wear. To get the hot water to kick in, had to let it run each morning for about 5 minutes, which is what turned on the converter. I found this out when I called the front desk. Hmmm. Their rates are $20 to $30 lower than other Hamptons in Jacksonville and this may be the reason. Overnight, probably not an issue at all but if I was going to stay again for several days, I'll check to see if updates have been made or choose another location. (Speaking of ... the location IS very good - which is why we chose this one.)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
North Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

As a HHonors Gold, I frequently stay in Hamptons, and this one had the same quality rooms and linens and toiletries, but the cleanliness left something to be desired. Maybe it's because I was travelling with my mom who smokes and I was in a smoking room that maybe isn't used much, but there were cobwebs in the corners, dirt and cobwebs hanging off the corner of the desk, dark blue lint all over the white curtain, and carpeting that was dirty and damp. In the bath, the fixtures were seemingly clean, but the hot and cold were reversed, and they knew it because the red/blue markers were switched. Finally, just a little thing, but the tissue box under the plastic cover wasn't opened. The sheets and linens were clean, though, and there was a minifridge and microwave. Plus, it was $20 cheaper than other HIs in the area.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Clean room. Check!
Easy Check in. Check!
Feels safe. Check!
Decent breakfast. Bonus!

Wireless internet. Not so much...

When you stay at the Hampton Inn, you are selecting to stay in a clean and safe hotel at a good price. That's exactly what you get with this HI. No frills-- just the basics. But very affordable!!

The one major downside for me was the the wireless internet was completely out. I was on site for business and it was a major issue. I had a lot of work to do at the hotel and I was not able to complete it. I did not feel that the hotel staff went above and beyond to fix the problem.

Would I stay here again? Ahh, probably not. While the price was great (around $75 a night) I could have pricelined a hotel in Jax on the water for about $65 a night--- and with the $10 I saved bought a Starbucks coffee and a bagel for breakfast.

Room Tip: The 4th floor smells like a smokers lounge! Avoid it at all costs. My co-worker stayed on the 3rd f...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Although this hotel has smoking and non-smoking rooms, all the hallways smell of smoke.

This is an older, dingy Hampton in need of a makeover. Although it's one of the cheapest hotels in town, it does not live up to typical Hampton standards.

Although the floor plan and guest rooms are a typical layout for Hampton, the hotel overall is showing its age and lack of upkeep. Not that it mattered, but the carpet in our room was badly stained.

When I went to plug-in my cell-phone charger behind the nightstand the floor was utterly disgusting.

The two front desk clerks were pleasant, but they were not in tune to the fact that not everyone is from the immediate area. For example when I asked why the best advertised rate was not available, I was told "because it's Georgia Florida." No other details. Just that exactly...."because it's Georgia Florida." As if I was an idiot for not knowing that I was there six days before Jacksonville was going to host a regular season college football game between two teams that are not even from Jacksonville.......Is the whole world supposed to follow college football?

The smoke was the only thing that really bothered me....the fact that the hotel is old and dingy with a presupposing front desk clerk was excused by the fact that it was the cheapest hotel in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Mansfield, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn while traveling south, so it was just a one night stay. We got a super rate so we really can't complain. It was not the newest or nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed at, but the staff was all friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, on the first floor and convenient to our car. The breakfast area could have been a little cleaner but nothing that would make me not want to eat there. Definitely a good value for the price and we were back on the highway in just a few minutes so the location is really convenient if you are traveling on I95.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple