“On the way to the keys”

Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Garner, United States
“On the way to the keys”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent one night here recently on the way to the keys from NC. I favor Hampton Inns when I travel due to the consistency in room quality, cleanliness and service. This property is not one of the best Hampton Inns I've stayed in nor was it the worst. The room had a bit of a musty smell and the AC was rather loud but the room was clean and we didn't have any other issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you enjoy HOT and COLD water in the shower accompanied by the lovely presence of a RUSTY nail as you step out of the shower this is the place to stay. However, I do have to say that when I notified me they took care of me 100%.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

JAX, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Reasonably good overall. In room fridge wasn't cold and had no adjustment controls. Location was central, but access was somewhat restricted. Front desk staff very cordial and friendly. Plenty of parking. Also, had no trouble finding luggage cart, which has been a problem in the past at other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Beccles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Few miles out of Jacksonville, but close to local shops and restaurants. Rooms are clean, large and welcoming.
The staff were attentive and very polite.
Breakfast was OK, and price was reasonable.
All that you should expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Guest service agent wking 2ns shift seem to didn't have enough time form me as if I was bothering her. Completely felt like I was being blown off when my request was simple. The room was extremly sticky, humid and it seemed like the ac was not wking properly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Illinois, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My reservation was for two nights but by the time we arrived we only stayed one night. The overall stay was ok but I was expecting a little more from a Hampton Inn. I have stayed at some that were very clean and the food was fresh. This hotel appeared to be clean especially the lobby. The breakfast food that should have been hot was lukewarm and tasted old. The beds in the room were very uncomfortable. The one I slept in felt like someone had been sleeping in it for a while because it had sinks in the mattress. Room appeared clean but linnen needs to be updated along with the bedding. Bathroom was ok but tile had mold forming and wallpaper was peeling. Tolet is much too low and ventilation was poor. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and told us about places to eat. I was satisfied but it could have been better Hampton!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Nice hotel, very good for the price. The only problem we had was that the ac turns off really loud which would wake us up. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was good. Quiet and clean. Not a 5 star hotel but then you are not paying for it either

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#64 of 133 in Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#45 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#84 of 133 in Jacksonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!