“Horrible experience”

Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The lady at the front desk the night of our stay was unaccomadating to the fact that our shower would not drain. Almost 30 minutes after she had completed her shower, there was still a significant amount of water in the tub. The room smelled like it had been painted that day and was very displeasing and discomforting. The TV did not work. Internet connection was spotty at best. The room, which had supposedly been renovated looked and felt unclean. The air conditioner got cool, but not cold. The complimentary breakfast was taken away at around 9:30 when we were able to get there to eat. I heard the guy working the front desk tell the lady working the breakfast that; "these people need to understand that breakfast stops at 10" and the current time was 9:40. The warm food items (eggs and sausage) were empty when we got to breakfast. The bread, muffins, and bagels were empty and not refilled. The milk, waffle mix, and fruit were all empty and when the request was made to bring out more of those things, the lady was very negative and instead of happily retrieving the items, she huffed and essentially threw the food into their holders. The customer who requested the food items had to speak loudly to get the woman's attention because she had gone in to the supply area and stood at the sink pretending to wash dishes so that her back was turned to the customers the entire time. When we checked out and handed our room keys to the guy at the front the only response given was; "OK." We were never asked if we had a good stay or needed anything else. I have been faithful to stay at Hampton Inn for years now because they are typically very clean, have a great breakfast, and have a friendly, helpful staff. This experience is not what I expect when staying at a Hampton Inn and am extremely disatisfied with my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

3 Thank Gina D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Stow, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great value for one person at a chain where I have always had good luck. Great location away from highway but easy access to 95. Well maintained and comfortable. Clean rooms. Good variety for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Garner, United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We spent one night here recently on the way to the keys from NC. I favor Hampton Inns when I travel due to the consistency in room quality, cleanliness and service. This property is not one of the best Hampton Inns I've stayed in nor was it the worst. The room had a bit of a musty smell and the AC was rather loud but the room was clean and we didn't have any other issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you enjoy HOT and COLD water in the shower accompanied by the lovely presence of a RUSTY nail as you step out of the shower this is the place to stay. However, I do have to say that when I notified me they took care of me 100%.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

JAX, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Reasonably good overall. In room fridge wasn't cold and had no adjustment controls. Location was central, but access was somewhat restricted. Front desk staff very cordial and friendly. Plenty of parking. Also, had no trouble finding luggage cart, which has been a problem in the past at other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Beccles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Few miles out of Jacksonville, but close to local shops and restaurants. Rooms are clean, large and welcoming.
The staff were attentive and very polite.
Breakfast was OK, and price was reasonable.
All that you should expect from a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Guest service agent wking 2ns shift seem to didn't have enough time form me as if I was bothering her. Completely felt like I was being blown off when my request was simple. The room was extremly sticky, humid and it seemed like the ac was not wking properly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#62 of 133 in Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#47 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#85 of 133 in Jacksonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!