Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Out of the way”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere and you definitely need a car while staying here. Only one restaurant within walking distance and it's not very good. The shuttle didn't seem to be working and the staff didn't offer any help on what buses to catch where. Everyone was courteous, just not real helpful. Ron, on the morning shift, was very helpful, going out of his way to connect me with a shuttle to the airport and even offering to lend me his own umbrella.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 29 November 2013

The beds were uncomfortable, the bathroom was dirty, the bathtub was peeling, the staff was unfriendly. I am always friendly when approaching someone with problems, it didn't work with this staff. When I asked for extra pillows and a quilt to try to make the bed more comfortable, the guy at the desk seemed "inconvenienced" and they were delivered bare, without the cases. When I mentioned the dirty bathroom, he just looked at me, no apology. I would recommend you stay at a different hotel in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank GinaTiberi
naples, fl
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It may be difficult to find, and leaving for dinner can be a real pain but once you get over the location issues its a fine hotel that appears to be well managed. Staff is very friendly and well trained. Rooms are spotless and smell fresh. Breakfast in the morning was a step above what most Hampton Inn offer. Defiantly worth the effort to find.

They are doing some renovations right now but nothing that impacted our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Traveling I-95 frequently, we always look for a hotel with a convenient location, clean rooms, and a quiet place to spend the night. We found it at this hotel. It was nothing special, but we weren't looking for all the extra ammendities. We will consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Visit JAX often due to a son in college there and stay all over to check out different hilton properties. Rank this one as average. Pretty standard Hampton with good rates. As usual, great staff, nice breakfast, etc. A little cleaner than some of the hamptons in JAX so for a lower rate it's a good choice. If you're looking for convenience or walking distance to restaurants and other stuff this isn't your hotel. Kind of tucked away on a weird dead end in an office park. Safe, cool and no problems, just not as close to stuff as say that Homewood at town center mall or the embassy on baymeadows and some other properties down there.

Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I've stayed in this Hampton Inn probably at least twenty times in the past five years or so. I have issues with cleanliness at a lot of hotels and I can honestly say that this has consistently been one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. The nice, friendly lady that I assume is head of housekeeping has been there since I first stayed there and I think she does a great job of making sure things are clean.

It seems like all of the staff has turned over and the hotel isn't as "friendly" as it once was. That was one of the draws for me, it always felt like "coming home." From the manager at the time on down...everyone was super friendly.

As far as the hotel location...it is convenient to I-95 and Butler Blvd on the south side of Jacksonville. As far as food selections....you have to drive to get most anywhere unless you want to eat in another hotel or Dave and Busters. Starbucks is around five minutes away (depending on the red lights) and other fast food options are in that area.

The hotel is a little older...not a newer building...the A/Cs are completely annoying. I am a light sleeper and throughout the night as it cuts on and off it wakes me up every time. This hotel hasn't converted to a thermostat system yet and the A/Cs won't run the fan only which would have minimized the night time noise.

All things considered I will stay at this Hampton Inn in the future without hesitation (mainly due to the cleanliness and value), but depending on prices...it may not be my first choice. It used to be the only hotel I considered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This was a 3 night stay on points. Overall a typical HI. However this time I have to question the quality of the pillows and bed. Neither were very comfortable. Breakfast area was a little small and it was always too busy.
Frankly I would look at other options if I was in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#47 of 133 in Jacksonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#85 of 133 in Jacksonville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!