“Should Downgrade to a Fairfield Inn”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #76 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Richmond, Virginia, USA
“Should Downgrade to a Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was a disappointment. I expect more from Hilton. The staff was very nice. The breakfast ample and adequate. However, the room was not attractive--sort of shabby, and throughout the hotel there was a sickly sweet smell that was unpleasant. I don't know what it was, perhaps cleaning products or air freshener, but it fired up my allergies and just smelled awful. I was surprised and unhappy on seeing mold on the bathtub caulking. Is anyone inspecting the work of the cleaning staff? Stayed only one night so not worth complaining to see if things get straighten out.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank William S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We always stay at Hampton Inns on the 2 yearly trips from NY to Florida. We've given this hotel a couple of passes--but last year it never got better so we opted for the Marriott next door--which was way better and cheaper. This year, unfortunately, the Marriott was booked so we were forced back to this Hampton Inn. I thought maybe they cleaned up their act. The floors in the elevators were wet. The vending machine did not work....and it had no price for he soda. When I brought this to the attention of the clerk, he said to try them on another floor. Every floor had a broken machine except for the top floor. Finally got my soda. All the vending rooms were wet. Menus were on the floor. Horrible. Now to the room: It was dark and depressing. The bathroom had rust marks and mold in the bathtub area. The a/c never turned off. It ran all night. The comforter was hard--as were the pillows. My advice is for the management of Hampton Inns to either sell this hotel or fix it. It is obviously run by amateurs who don't know the hotel business. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Lindy W
Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had zero problems. Check in and out was easy. Everyone was polite. The room was clean and the hallway was quiet. It was a good experience overall. The price was much cheaper then I had expected. The only thing I don't like is that my review here has to be at least 200 characters but I guess that's a problem with TripAdvisor and not Hampton. I'm just typing silly things now to take up characters...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Miami Beach, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Poor ventilation, loud a/c, semi-trucks running outside of your window all night, sticky bathroom floor, and rotten fruit for breakfast. Lots of other hotels in the neighborhood, pick a different one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

4 Thank Ami E
port st lucie, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was from out of town, visiting my grandbaby for her first birthday. for starters the room they put us in had a baby crib with left over covers in it. opened and used water bottles, baby clothes on the bed. they put us in a different room couldn't find tv remote , after a while my 80 year old mother found it stuff in a chair seat. the snack and beverage room had standing water in it, there was a wet floor sign there but what good was it you still had to stand in water to get your snacks and soda. I could have slipped and then you know what could have happened then right. oh well thank god we were only there on the 19th and checked out on the 20th morning.that snack room could have been a major problem for you folks. need to get that room repaired. it should have been shut down it whatever was leaking was repaired in stead of making money off the machines !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Francesco M
chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Hotel needs a refresh, but good location, and easy on and off 95, and good price and value, for the location, close to Mayo clinic, Jax Beach. Hampton need to do something with breakfast just needs an upgrade.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

3 Thank Scott M
Marietta, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely staff. Hotel seems to be under some redecorating which it needs. Rooms priced right for the accommodation. Be aware that Google maps takes you to the wrong side of the highway. It's off of Belford and AC Skinner.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Renee M
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#47 of 133 in Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
Wyndham Garden Jacksonville
#59 of 133 in Jacksonville
Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Salisbury Rd. - Southpoint
Extended Stay America - Jacksonv...
#87 of 133 in Jacksonville
Baymont Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!