“Ask if renovations are complete, before booking!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South
Ranked #78 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I checked in to this hotel last night. The hotel is old and in desperate need of updating to get to Hampton/Hilton standards. I moved to the Deerwood Park Hampton today and it' smells fresh and is super clean!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lajane

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This older property is not up to what we expect as Hampton Inn regulars. Most dates is the bathroom. In room HVAC in room 301 is very noisy, shears do not close fully, and drapes are partially off the hooks or are falling down. Since there are many Hamptons in the area, choose a different one.

2  Thank Infoc
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Overall, an excellent stay. The one problem my wife and I encountered (as did a lot of other guests): the number of staff members and amount of food was inadequate for Memorial Day weekend. Management was unprepared in this department, though they did quite well elsewhere.

2  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel Mother's Day weekend and it doesn't live up to the Hampton brand. The room had a very musty smell upon entrance and only went away if you put the air condition on the coldest setting. The furnishings are definitely outdated and the bathroom is extremely small. Speaking of the bathroom, there was a mold spot on the ceiling above the shower head, which I can't believe housekeeping hasn't addressed; if they are cleaning consistently. Although this location is tucked away, I would try the hotels across the street as they look newer. This Hampton needs a serious upgrade overhaul!

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Davis1913
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice clean rooms and building. Overall good appearance. Great value. Hot breakfast is good with various options for cold food. Would stay again when in the area and recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was the absolute worst Hilton-owned hotel that we ever stayed at in the many years that we have been traveling!! So noisy that we couldn't get a good night's sleep - A/C was noisy - Next door rooms were noisy - the dehumidifier didn't dehumidify at all - it was damp in our room and we stayed 2 nights????

1  Thank John G
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel was a disappointment. I expect more from Hilton. The staff was very nice. The breakfast ample and adequate. However, the room was not attractive--sort of shabby, and throughout the hotel there was a sickly sweet smell that was unpleasant. I don't know what it was, perhaps cleaning products or air freshener, but it fired up my allergies and just smelled awful. I was surprised and unhappy on seeing mold on the bathtub caulking. Is anyone inspecting the work of the cleaning staff? Stayed only one night so not worth complaining to see if things get straighten out.

1  Thank William S
Travellers also viewed these Jacksonville hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville South-St. Johns Town Center Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#49 of 134 in Jacksonville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South

Address: 4690 Salisbury Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256-6130 (Formerly Hampton Inn)
Region: United States > Florida > Jacksonville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #78 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Price Range: £63 - £80 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South 2.5*
The Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South offers the perfect combination of convenient location and superior accommodations. The hotel's location off of I-95 and Butler Blvd., provides easy access to the Mayo Clinic, UNF, St. John's Town Center, downtown and the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches. We provide complimentary shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and St. Vincent's Southside. Our South Jacksonville, FL hotel is 100% non-smoking and offers you free WI-FI internet access, complimentary breakfast buffet, on-site fitness center, business center with print services, guest laundry, outdoor pool and complimentary parking. We also offer meeting services with our onsite sales teams who will take care of all your meeting needs from audio/visual to catering your special event. From our perfectly appointed guest rooms to our professional service staff no matter what brings you to our area, the Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville South is ready and waiting to serve you! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville I-95 South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Jacksonville - i-95 South Hotel Jacksonville