“Awesome Service!”

Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome Service!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I contacted these guys on New Years Eve because I had a change of a plans and needed a room for the night. I was fully expecting to get nowhere as it was 3:00 pm and New Years Eve. Boy was I surprised!!! I spoke to a gentleman named Fred and he was able to get me in at the last minute even though they were packed full for the Gator Bowl the following day. He met me at the front desk and check in was a breeze. Literally the fastest I have ever done, and as a former road warrior in sales, I have spent more than a few days waiting at front desks to get a room. I was also fully expecting to pay a premium due to the short notice. Fred was not only able to get me the room, but got me a decent rate to boot! Also, everyone who worked there be it housekeeping or management was extremely friendly. Great stuff!! I was very pleased with this experience overall and fully recommend them to others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greggory N
Rcrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
We would like to thank you for your review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you for your stay on New Year’s Eve. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton – Jacksonville Downtown! Brenda Celano - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in December,2012. The room was clean, the staff really helpful and friendly, the breakfast every morning was delicious. Plus,the location is really convenient. It's seconds from I-95 and if you don't want to drive,there is a monorail going downtown just a short distance from the hotel. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! All of us at the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here several nights for a business trip. Chris at the front desk was SO friendly, and got me checked in & on my way in literally 15 seconds- so fast! He was just the first of many friendly staff that I encountered during the visit, as they all seemed so friendly and welcoming.

The television and refrigerator in the room were both huge, much more than expected. The breakfast = delicious! Great variety, and they change out the hot items each day to include a variety of things- definitely not your standard eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns here! Location was nice, right off the highway, but still away from the areas with more traffic. Will definitely stay here on my next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 914RachelH914
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We greatly appreciate your comments. Brenda Celano - General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Other reviewers have told you a great deal of useful information about the pluses and minuses of this property. The one thing not mentioned is that this hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Baptist Medical Center complex of hospitals.

My husband recently suffered a medical emergency on a cruise ship, and while he was being treated at Baptist Heart Hospital, I needed a place to stay. The staff at this hotel could not have been nicer to me, realizing that I was a complete stranger to the area, under huge stress, and in need of some small bits of TLC, which they provided with great Southern kindness.

As others have pointed out, the area around this hotel does not have many good eating places nearby. This is a commercial district, so during weekends and holidays - especially since Baptist Medical Center closes all its food venues except for the "Rainbow" (mostly fast junk food) - a person staying in this hotel and visiting a patient at Baptist is going to have to get by on weekends by eating the many-item breakfast, the afternoon popcorn, and the microwavable food in the small "pantry" in this hotel, or on ordered-in pizza and sandwiches.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank OldGrayGrammy
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us. Brenda Celano - General Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'll give you the skinny:
The door handles were tarnished and worn
The bathrooms mirrors fog up and take forever to clear
The TV hardly had HD channels - no menu
The pillows were all soft - no mix of firm at all
The air conditioner smelled funky and was very loud
Could see light from all directions at night
No great place for mirrors - jammed up against the wall

Really, just looked, smelled and felt old. Wouldn't stay here again, but not the worst place i've stayed either. You won't be wowed.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and we are definitely addressing these matters. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly. Brenda Celano – General Manager (904) 396-7770
We thank you for staying with us during your trip to Jacksonville.
North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here for a football game a few weeks back. The hotel was busy, sold out and full of my teams fans (which made it really fun!). The hotel's location is great... right off 95 and close to all the downtown happenings, probably only a quick drive to the hot spots. The parking was plentiful at the time (I did hear it was hard to find a space later in the evening, but it was sold out). The front desk check-in was smooth and quick, which was appreciated after a long drive. Star was nice and friendly, and welcomed me to Jacksonville.

The room was clean and updated. Big TV! I really like how they clean the duvet cover after each stay, that is a nice touch. We could even see the stadium from our window. The bathroom was pretty clean. However, I did find quite a bit of long dark hair behind the door and in the toilet (kind of weird). That was a little gross. Other than that, it was good enough for me. I appreciated the blow dryer and the toiletries they give you were pretty good actually.

The free breakfast was good... however, if you didn't get down there before like 9:30, they stopped refreshing it, but it was never an issue for me since I got down there in time. I did notice a few people who didn't get a lot to eat. Maybe if they are expecting a sold out weekend they could extend the breakfast/refresh more often. But, like I said, it didn't affect me. The coffee was hot and the food satisfied.

Overall, I would stay here again if I come back to Jacksonville.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed for Bears/Jags game & mini vaca...Chris, the manager, made our stay really awesome from check in to a freshly remodeled comfy room to dinner recommendations & reservations. Other staff took actual pleasure in accomodating us with evening cookies & popcorn. The hot breakfasts and no parking charge made this stay a terrific value. We thought the pool would be uncomfortable, due to its street location, but it's not noticeable & turned out to be very pleasant. The location to the water taxi and all downtown bars & restaurants on both sides of the river-very convenient. However, little to no view from the rooms but the downtown is so accessible, that mattered not at all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments - we greatly appreciate you staying with us. Brenda Celano - General Manager