“One of the nicest hotel staff...”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I have seen in awhile. There was actually 2 hotel staff when I checked in at 8pm. The breakfast attendant made sure everybody was taken care of and did a great job of keeping the place clean. The breakfast was so..so, but the room, location, and everything else was great.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for the business. We hope to see you again in Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went there for a stop over during our Florida tour. Jacksonville and thus the last night of our trip was this location. But we hardly got a wink of sleep, respectivly we had to use earplugs, because a bunch of drunk "kids" were running all night long the corridor up and down, yelling and laughing (guess there was some kind of sports event). Obviously I was not the only one who was complaing at the front desk, so the staff could finally banish them to their rooms. Even though it was not the hotels fault, the manager was really attentive and offered me to avail myself of the 100% satisfaction guarantee and I got my money back.
Apart from this incident it is a very nice, clean and good located accomodation with friendly staff and in case of coming back to Jacksonville, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you will choose our hotel on your next trip to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I contacted these guys on New Years Eve because I had a change of a plans and needed a room for the night. I was fully expecting to get nowhere as it was 3:00 pm and New Years Eve. Boy was I surprised!!! I spoke to a gentleman named Fred and he was able to get me in at the last minute even though they were packed full for the Gator Bowl the following day. He met me at the front desk and check in was a breeze. Literally the fastest I have ever done, and as a former road warrior in sales, I have spent more than a few days waiting at front desks to get a room. I was also fully expecting to pay a premium due to the short notice. Fred was not only able to get me the room, but got me a decent rate to boot! Also, everyone who worked there be it housekeeping or management was extremely friendly. Great stuff!! I was very pleased with this experience overall and fully recommend them to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greggory N
Rcrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

We would like to thank you for your review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you for your stay on New Year’s Eve. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton – Jacksonville Downtown! Brenda Celano - General Manager.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in December,2012. The room was clean, the staff really helpful and friendly, the breakfast every morning was delicious. Plus,the location is really convenient. It's seconds from I-95 and if you don't want to drive,there is a monorail going downtown just a short distance from the hotel. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! All of us at the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Brenda Celano - General Manager.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here several nights for a business trip. Chris at the front desk was SO friendly, and got me checked in & on my way in literally 15 seconds- so fast! He was just the first of many friendly staff that I encountered during the visit, as they all seemed so friendly and welcoming.

The television and refrigerator in the room were both huge, much more than expected. The breakfast = delicious! Great variety, and they change out the hot items each day to include a variety of things- definitely not your standard eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns here! Location was nice, right off the highway, but still away from the areas with more traffic. Will definitely stay here on my next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 914RachelH914
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We greatly appreciate your comments. Brenda Celano - General Manager

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Other reviewers have told you a great deal of useful information about the pluses and minuses of this property. The one thing not mentioned is that this hotel is located within easy walking distance of the Baptist Medical Center complex of hospitals.

My husband recently suffered a medical emergency on a cruise ship, and while he was being treated at Baptist Heart Hospital, I needed a place to stay. The staff at this hotel could not have been nicer to me, realizing that I was a complete stranger to the area, under huge stress, and in need of some small bits of TLC, which they provided with great Southern kindness.

As others have pointed out, the area around this hotel does not have many good eating places nearby. This is a commercial district, so during weekends and holidays - especially since Baptist Medical Center closes all its food venues except for the "Rainbow" (mostly fast junk food) - a person staying in this hotel and visiting a patient at Baptist is going to have to get by on weekends by eating the many-item breakfast, the afternoon popcorn, and the microwavable food in the small "pantry" in this hotel, or on ordered-in pizza and sandwiches.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank OldGrayGrammy

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us. Brenda Celano - General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I'll give you the skinny:
The door handles were tarnished and worn
The bathrooms mirrors fog up and take forever to clear
The TV hardly had HD channels - no menu
The pillows were all soft - no mix of firm at all
The air conditioner smelled funky and was very loud
Could see light from all directions at night
No great place for mirrors - jammed up against the wall

Really, just looked, smelled and felt old. Wouldn't stay here again, but not the worst place i've stayed either. You won't be wowed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very important to us. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and we are definitely addressing these matters. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly. Brenda Celano – General Manager (904) 396-7770
We thank you for staying with us during your trip to Jacksonville.