“Clean and fresh!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Clean and fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

I made a mistake with my Hampton Inn review by giving answers in regards to the Hampton Inn Regency on Hospitality Lane. Do NOT stay there.

This Hampton Inn was incredibly friendly from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff. The room was always clean and I trusted that things had actually been refreshed. I would stay here again. I was most impressed with staff member Star. She was professional and resolved a tiny issue that I had with pleasant efficiency. I was in Florida to support a family member with cancer at the nearby hospital and arriving to the hotel past 11pm each night was a welcome and comfortable respite.

Room Tip: My room was on the 4th floor and was just fine.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Liz V
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and I will be sharing your comments with the team. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel to stay at. We thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Courteous staff, clean, nice, welcoming lobby, nice restaurants close by, near the river, all good things to say about this location. I have stayed here a number of times and it is consistent. There are a number of other choices nearby which I have tried over the years and this place works.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you staying with us during your travels to Jacksonville. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I will be sharing your feedback with our team. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

I have seen in awhile. There was actually 2 hotel staff when I checked in at 8pm. The breakfast attendant made sure everybody was taken care of and did a great job of keeping the place clean. The breakfast was so..so, but the room, location, and everything else was great.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and we thank you for the business. We hope to see you again in Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager
Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We went there for a stop over during our Florida tour. Jacksonville and thus the last night of our trip was this location. But we hardly got a wink of sleep, respectivly we had to use earplugs, because a bunch of drunk "kids" were running all night long the corridor up and down, yelling and laughing (guess there was some kind of sports event). Obviously I was not the only one who was complaing at the front desk, so the staff could finally banish them to their rooms. Even though it was not the hotels fault, the manager was really attentive and offered me to avail myself of the 100% satisfaction guarantee and I got my money back.
Apart from this incident it is a very nice, clean and good located accomodation with friendly staff and in case of coming back to Jacksonville, I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you will choose our hotel on your next trip to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I contacted these guys on New Years Eve because I had a change of a plans and needed a room for the night. I was fully expecting to get nowhere as it was 3:00 pm and New Years Eve. Boy was I surprised!!! I spoke to a gentleman named Fred and he was able to get me in at the last minute even though they were packed full for the Gator Bowl the following day. He met me at the front desk and check in was a breeze. Literally the fastest I have ever done, and as a former road warrior in sales, I have spent more than a few days waiting at front desks to get a room. I was also fully expecting to pay a premium due to the short notice. Fred was not only able to get me the room, but got me a decent rate to boot! Also, everyone who worked there be it housekeeping or management was extremely friendly. Great stuff!! I was very pleased with this experience overall and fully recommend them to others.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greggory N
Rcrooks, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
We would like to thank you for your review. We are so glad we were able to accommodate you for your stay on New Year’s Eve. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton – Jacksonville Downtown! Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in December,2012. The room was clean, the staff really helpful and friendly, the breakfast every morning was delicious. Plus,the location is really convenient. It's seconds from I-95 and if you don't want to drive,there is a monorail going downtown just a short distance from the hotel. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! All of us at the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here several nights for a business trip. Chris at the front desk was SO friendly, and got me checked in & on my way in literally 15 seconds- so fast! He was just the first of many friendly staff that I encountered during the visit, as they all seemed so friendly and welcoming.

The television and refrigerator in the room were both huge, much more than expected. The breakfast = delicious! Great variety, and they change out the hot items each day to include a variety of things- definitely not your standard eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns here! Location was nice, right off the highway, but still away from the areas with more traffic. Will definitely stay here on my next trip to Jacksonville.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 914RachelH914
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We greatly appreciate your comments. Brenda Celano - General Manager