“Comfortable stay for Business trip”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Bethesda, Maryland
“Comfortable stay for Business trip”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My stay at this Hampton Inn was fine. I was here on business for 1 night and have no complaints regarding my stay. The rooms were clean, quiet and the internet was fast and reliable.
The complimentary breakfast and morning coffee was appreciated, plenty of variety typical of a Hampton Inn and the staff was friendly. Free popcorn in the lobby was nice too when checking inn. It has convenient access to downtown however there are not many dining options near the hotel as compared to other areas in the city. It's mostly surrounded by office buildings and the hospital. Not a huge deal but not the most convenient.

Overall, a reliable hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with my team. I am glad to see that you had a pleasant stay at our property and we look forward to seeing you again if your travels should take you to Jacksonville.

Thank you - Brenda Celano, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Pauline, SC
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Convenient location, great rates, FRIENDLY and Helpful staff. A standard Hampton Inn with above average service. We had a large group with 7 rooms and the hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful on the phone making and adjusting our reservations. No complaints!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown - we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor and I will be sharing your comments with my team. We would love for you to stay with us again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Brenda Celano
Morgantown PA
Reviewed 7 February 2013

If you have business downtown, this is a great place to stay at a reasonable price. All services and staff were very good and up to Hampton standards. The Skytram is next door for a quick and scenic ride across the river.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of our location and the Skyway. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Jacksonville.

Brenda Celano - General Manager
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 4 February 2013

These people are without a doubt the friendliest I have encountered. They offered information and service almost before you could ask. Every employee greeted you in the halls and elevators. The place is squeaky clean, including the duvets and pillows. Rooms are quiet, beds are comfy. Breakfast was good and plenty of it. Had "breakfast on the go" bags for people leaving in the AM. Easy walk across the bridge to downtown-lovely river views. Seems to be a very reliable chain.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with my team. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again when you return to Jacksonville.

Thank you for staying with us.

Brenda Celano - General Manager
hilton head
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Was there for the tennis Davis Cup for two nights; feb 1 and feb 2. Room was in my friends name, room 131........... So long story short, I always leave a tip for housekeeping just because thats how I roll and some of those gals work two jobs/70 hours a week. So the "tip" was a lousy $2 but I would argue that only 30% of guests at a Hampton leave anything? I wasnt expecting "xceptional service' but three things when we returned in the late PM......... 1. ice bucket still sitting on carpet next to bed with melted ice in it. 2. two paper cofee cups sitting around, one with ccoffee, one with Wter 3. waste bucket in bathroom not emptied......... So I get that folks make mistakes but this was an example of a housekeeper specifically DECIDING to not do her job......... you can miss things; everyone makes mistakes, but CMON..........! That being said, i believe the property is clean and well-managed....... my wife suggests that the cleaning lady was angry that i left $2 (cheap) and purposly (sp) did a bad job on the room?

Room Tip: Bring your lap top....... there is only one in the lobby
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with my team. We look to our guests for this very important feebback and please feel free to contact me if I can assist you further. We appreciate your business and we thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Virginia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We stayed at the Jacksonville Hampton Inn on our way from Virginia to Ft. Lauderdale. At first the location did not look that great, in a commercial type area. But later we realized that was not the case. We were able to walk to a small boardwalk area with a great view of the river. Although most of the stores along the boardwalk were no longer in operation, it was still a pleasant walk. The Chart House Restaurant was right there within walking distance as well as the Wyndam hotel where we had drinks. Across the street from the hotel there was transportation to the downtown area.

The hotel was clean and neat and check in was pleasant. Would stay there again on this type of trip.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dsarah
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn by Hilton Jacksonville Downtown - we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and took advantage of our location on the south bank. We hope to see you again during your travel to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager.
Tallahassee
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Very helpful front desk staff. They put us onto a shuttle service to take us to an event downtown so we didn't have to drive ourselves, look for a parking space, etc.It's a perfect location for an event at The Florida Theater or any downtown events. Beds are clean and very comfortable. A major plus for this chain is the clean duvets for every guest.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback. We thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown for your trip to Jacksonville. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We are happy to know that our location was what you were looking for. We do hope to see you again during your next visit to Jacksonville. Brenda Celano - General Manager.