“Awesome hotel - Awesome Staff”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #22 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was in town for 1 night on business this week and stayed at this hotel due to their perfect downtown location. The hotel looks brand new and my room was very comfortable and clean. The fitness center has everything you need - even TV's on each piece of equipment! GREAT VISIT and I will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MikeLoera
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are very important to us. We do hope to see you again during your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This Hampton Inn is with in walking distance to 3 great restaurants The Chart House; Ruth Chris Steak House & Morton's Steak House. The River Walk is a short walk from the front door. My grand kids love to visit the Treaty Oak Park which is directly across the street from the Hampton's front door.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dlipp

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - your comments are very important to us.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My sister and I are staying here because she is having surgery on Monday. We came in Friday night and spent the weekend. I was amazed at how clean and welcoming everything is. We were greeted by 2 very friendly staff who checked us in. There is a great snack/beverage center for your convenience and free water with lemon in it. Sometimes it has oranges, it is very good.

The rooms are wonderful. We found a note on the bed that told us the Duvet covers and Sheets had been sanitized and cleaned for our personal use. This room smelled clean and was decorated beautifully also. It had 2 queen beds, a refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, iron, and a hair dryer. I love everything about ti! We had a great view of the pool from the room and palm trees right outside the window.

The breakfast every morning is from 6 to 10. I am normally a Holiday Inn Express girl, but the breakfasts here have really got me looking at Hampton Inn now. These are big hot breakfasts! Sausage gravy with biscuits, bacon, cheese and steak scrambled eggs, omelets, bagels, pasties, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, and many other things. It is all wonderful. If you are in a hurry and can't sit for breakfast they even have bagged snacks that you can take with you on the go. I mean talk about going the extra mile!!

I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. It is convenient to downtown, river walk and friendship fountain. Very close to the hospital, and they give a discount if you are having something down at Baptist.

Today we are waiting on the procedure to be done and the staff have allowed us a late check out of 2pm. I can't say enough good things about this place. Thank you to them for making our stay great.

Room Tip: We got non smoking, i heard the smoking rooms are pretty smelly even for smokers.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary A

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - we appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with my team. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad our location worked well for your travel plans. We hope to see you again if your travels should take you to the Jacksonville area.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

My experience in this Hampton was excellent. The rooms seemed to be newly renovated, very clean and beds were comfortable. The breakfast bar in the morning was very good as well. The customer service was awesome! Brenda C, the general manager went above and beyond when I reported I had lost my car keys and could not drive back to Charleston. She assisted me in exhausting all possibilities including suggesting I post on facebook, Basil's Thai and Sushi Restaurant page, my missing keys. Inasmuch as the restaurant was closed on Sunday there was little hope of retrieving the missing keys, but between Brenda and a conscientious restaurant owner who came in on her day off, I was able to locate/retrieve them. If you stay at this hotel, walk down the street to Basil's. The food is awesome and so is the atmosphere and service. Great experience while in Jax!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sheryl g
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - your comments are very important to us. We are so glad that were able to get your keys that were lost. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again if your travels should take you back to the Jacksonville area.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

This was a very nice, clean hotel very convenient to I-95. It was an easy off and then back on the expressway. The price was reasonable and the room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was fresh and well stocked. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown. We know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

The hotel was a nice place to stop for the night while waiting to catch the AMTRAK north. It was however a challenge to get across the river on the weekend. The Skyway shuts down, no trolley service, and the river taxi may not run on time (11:00 in a.m.-maybe). So, we were "trapped" on our side of the river w/not much to do. We did walk to the riverfront and excitedly saw dolphins swimming downstream while waiting for the river taxi which was running late. We found FiFi's consignment shop to walk through - great place if you're looking for a wedding gown at a bargain. And, did enjoy sitting at the pool. Breakfast was complementary and enjoyed. And we did visit the 200 year old Treaty Tree down the road. We also found that the Science Museum was not too far away though no-one mentioned this when we asked if there was anything to do on our side of the river. The rooms were clean and well kept. Staff was customer friendly and helpful with suggestions, accommodated our late check out request and held our luggage until we were ready to leave.

Room Tip: If you want to see attractions plan ahead and know what you want to see and how to get to them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn - Jacksonville Downtown, we know you had a choice and we thank you for choosing us! We appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you had the opportunity to visit FiFi's and the MOSH. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Looking to plan your next meeting or just a weekend gateway?
A+ Customer Service, Beautiful Clean Hotel & Great Location.
Calling all Meeting Planners ,Travel Agency & Corporate business Travelers.
Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville is the place. I pick this Hotel for my clients - We had a large group with 35- 40 rooms & meeting space over three nights, and everything went flawless....

Frederick Bollard sales coordinator was amazing, very organized, great personality from day one of planning this event. Frederick was helpful also Robin Crooks Director of Sales My group arrive on Friday 15, 2013 as my clients check In, both party from sales was there to welcome them. The group was very impress as they arrive. All the welcome and Greeting they receive by Fred & Robin and the whole staff.
Star front desk agent was very outgoing and friendly. Chris was very helpful with assisting the group with whatever they needed. Sarah offered information and service before you could ask.
Marlin was wonderful in assisting the group with registration Breakfast was so good.
Hotel rooms were nice & beautiful beds were comfortable. My group was very please and will return next year. Customer Service was Outstanding

Kingdom Travel Agency
Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Courtasia1

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor - we appreciate you comments and I will be sharing them with my team. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know you had a choice when choosing a hotel in Jacksonville and we are so glad you chose us. We hope to see you again in the future!