“Friendly & Affordable”

Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My first visit to this hotel was for 12 days. I was so impressed with the staff that I returned for a 7 day stay. The staff was so friendly and outgoing. They always said good morning, have a nice day, welcome back, or asked if there was something they could do to make my stay more pleasurable. Their affordable rates include a complimentary buffet breakfast that includes cereals, muffins, bagels, fresh fruits, and different hot items (eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, etc) each day. As you enter the buffet area, you are greeted and assisted by a warm, caring staff member who will offer you the morning paper or any assistance you need. The rooms are large and clean, and have a frig, microwave, blow dryer, alarm clock, and a huge TV. Each night upon my arrival back to the hotel after work, there were freshly baked cookies and popcorn for all the guests to enjoy. A train goes by very late at night so if you are a light sleeper I would suggest you ask to be in an odd numbered room rather than an even one (train goes by on that side). They have a beautiful pool, work out area, and computers in the lobby.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the quieter side of the building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Linda,

We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience here at home during your visits to Jacksonville. We pride ourselves on our dedicated staff members who always try to go the extra mile for all of our guests. Thank you for allowing us to be your hotel of choice not once, but twice during extended stays. Linda, here at Hampton we love having you here are we are grateful that you allowed us to be of service. If there is ever anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.

-Fred

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had the pleasure of being a guest at the Hampton Inn Downtown Jacksonville. The staff was friendly and made me feel like family. The breakfast had a variety of well-balanced and nutritious foods. My room was spacious, immaculate, and well-stocked. It was so quiet, I didn't even hear any of the other guests arrive. I have recommended this hotel to all of my friends. My only suggestion is that the front desk staff have access and serve the guests their popcorn and cookies, as some people don't even have the common decency or respect for others to wash their hands before touching these items. I'm far from a germaphobic, but really people???? smh But overall, this is a wonderful place to stay and I intend to come back again...GREAT JOB HAMPTON INN!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Josie B
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Hi Josie,

It was a pleasure having you with us during your recent visit!!! Thank you for your comments and feedback! And thank you for the “GREAT JOB…” comment. We look to our guests for feedback to let us know how we are doing and ways that we can improve. I will share your feedback with the entire team here so they are aware of your comments. We also wanted to thank you for recommending us to all of your friends. Next time you are here in the area, give us a call as we look forward to welcoming you back home!

Yours in Hospitality,

- TEAM HAMPTON

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Really good price for downtown location. Just down the street and west -- 5 minutes or so-- gets you to San Marco area for easy dining. Across the street from hotel is Wine Cellar; one of Jax best restaurants and excellent for a business meal or small celebration. Easy acces to I-95 for coming or going anywhere in Metro.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tounderpar

Thank you for telling others about your recent experience here at our hotel, your home away from home. We too agree with both of your recommendations regarding dining; the historic San Marco area is a beautiful area to visit when in town and the Wine Cellar across the street is a perfect place for any occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Florida’s first coast…

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The reason why I did not give this Hampton Inn 5 out of 5 is due to the fact that it is close to the train tracks, which woke me up around 1 in the morning. I know that is no fault of the hotel, but it did disturb my sleep. The beds were comfortable and I was presently surprised by the fact that the pillows were actually good pillows. I tend to be a pillow snob when I sleep, so it was nice. The rooms were spacious and the everything was clean. The staff was nice as well. The only hiccup I had, other than the train waking me up, was that I was originally booked in a smoking room and had to argue with the desk to switch me to non-smoking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Sbkfl,

We are so sorry that the train in the area disturbed your sleep while you were a guest of ours. We know the importance of a good night’s sleep and that is why we ensure that our beds and pillows are comfortable. We are also glad that the condition of our rooms was to your liking. Regarding the smoking situation, we truly apologize for the trouble. The next time your travel needs bring you back to the Jacksonville area, please do not hesitate to contact me so I can ensure that your next stay is flawless.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I wish we had stayed here to begin with - we started our two night trip at a different hotel which we left after the first night. It was the right choice - the downtown Hampton was so much better! It was very clean and quiet with all the normal Hampton Inn features. The shower was hot and the water pressure was good. There weren't enough towels and pillows in the room for our family when we first checked in, but they very quickly brought us more. All the staff were super nice. the location is walking distance to downtown destinations and easy access to the highway for everything else. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jh26

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that we are highly recommended by you and that we will be your first hotel of choice when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville. If we can ever be of assistance, remember that we are only a phone call away.

At Your Service,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I spent a week at the hotel visiting a friend and the staff was awesome! They were polite, helpful and warm-felt like a home away from home. The rooms were well kept, they were decorating for the holidays and the breakfast selection was great, the woman who was supervising the breakfast area most days was extremely helpful and sweet.

The front desk staff helped us arrange our shuttle, offered suggestions for restaurants and always greeted us with a smile.

They even offered complimentary popcorn and cookies though I was disappointed to see that though they offered utensils some guest insisted on using their hands which I found a bit gross. So please do all the guests a favour and keep it clean!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

We think you took the words right out of our mouth… we too like to think of ourselves as a “home away from home” for all of our guests. Thank you so much for telling other travelers about your recent experience. You know that when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, the Hampton family will be waiting to welcome you home once again.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel definitely needs some updates but the staff were all very polite & helpful especially the ladies in the breakfast area. The rooms were a little noisy but were very comfortable. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi Sharon,

We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us during your recent visit to Jacksonville! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your recent experience. You know that next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville we will be waiting to welcome you back! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of service.

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I - 95