“Jax Hampton”

Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Ballston Lake, NY, United States
“Jax Hampton”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast food was acceptable. Bathrooms were dark. I reserved months in advance, but failed to get the adjoining room that I had requested. The rugs had been cleaned shortly before we got there, and they were still wet.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our entire team and I are truly sorry to hear about your areas of concern. We know that the carpets were still a little damp after we had them deep cleaned. We did this to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness for all of our guests. We are also sorry that we were not able to provide you with adjoining rooms. If your travel needs ever bring you back to our area, please contact me directly so that I can ensure your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of service Michael.

fred.bollard@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel is in very excellent condition, clean, staff is very helpful, inertnet is excellent, break fast staff is very kind and excellent variety of food.I would refer to akk my family members and friends.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your recent "Excellent" review regarding your recent stay. Thank you for allowing us to be of service. Next time your needs bring you back to the Jacksonville area, please do not heistate to give us a call. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

dayton, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

the rooms were nice and the staff was wonderful. always ready to assist with any needs. Phillipino breakfast lady can't be beat. too bad the pool is outside. that was the only downside of our stay there.

1 Thank Kathy L
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Hi Kathy,

I don’t think we could have said it better ourselves. Our entire team is ready to assist with any needs possible. Thanks for your feedback and telling others about your recent experience. Next time you need anything at all (and we can help), don’t hesitate to give us a call.

Frederick Bollard
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Jacksonville Florida
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This Hotel was not only in the downtown area, the Staff is truely friendly. Every person we saw at this Hotel said something nice to me. Breakfest was great. The room was extremly comfortable and clean. Love the the amenities esp the shoe mitt. I WILL stay again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank msgtmon
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
We are so glad that your “quick Trip” turned out to be so pleasant. We like to think of as much as we can prior to your arrival so that you can have nothing short of an amazing stay with us! We sure do try our best and it is feedback such as yours that lets us know how we are doing. Next time you need a place for a short “R&R” session, you know we are not far away! Thank you again for choosing us, we know that you had a choice.

At Your Service,

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Every single employee made us feel at home; Rochelle, Samantha, Vann, and Ivy each morning in the breakfast nook. Comfortable, clean, quiet, more than continental breakfast, close to everything downtown. A wonderful stay!

1 Thank travelgreatadventure
THANK YOU for taking a few moments to share your feedback with other travelers!!! We know that you have a choice when selecting a hotel to call a “home away from home” and we are honored that you allowed us to be of service. I will make sure that Rochelle, Samantha, Vann, and Ivy receive your kudos! Thank you again for allowing us to be of service to you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Yours in Hospitality,

Nebraska
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We were here for two nights for the Gator Bowl. The hotel is right across the St John's River and Jacksonville Landing. The water taxi is two blocks away, so convenient! We took it to the landing for dinner each night, and even took it to Everbank Field. New Year's Eve fireworks were spectacular!
The hotel staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was great. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was that apparently they were out of all bar soaps and they told us to use shower gel. Not enough replacement towels either.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We would also like to thank for you telling others about our prime location! We are so sorry about the soap as well. We are currently in the process up upgrading all of our guest amenities and it is feedback such as yours that lets us know how we are doing. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that next time your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville that we will be able to be of service. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of service.

Rocky Mount, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stay here. People are the friendliest we have ever encountered. Room was clean. Service was excellent. Recommend highly. The hotel was full but the service was absolutely superb. Breakfast was very good. There was plenty of food and lots of room. Enjoyed the stay.

Diane,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to tell others of your recommendation. We are proud of our staff and we like to think of our service as “superb” even when we are full. We know that every traveler has a choice and when our guests leave, when don’t want there to be any doubt in their mind that they chose the right place!!! We look forward to welcoming you back next time in your in Jacksonville Diane.