“They Thought of Everything”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 January 2014

For a downtown hotel, this is an outstanding value. The staff was, without exception, well trained, hard working and very courteous. Parking is free, as are the wifi, the excellent coffee in the lobby (available round the clock!), and a very nice breakfast. There is no room service, but restaurants abound a short drive away in the San Marco neighborhood, and there's a fine restaurant and a good convenience store right across the street. On arrival, our room was ready; as an Hhonors member, I asked for an upgrade and got it, to a room with a whirlpool. The room was comfortable, quiet, and very clean. It didn't have the dank smell we've experienced sometimes in rooms with whirlpools. Parking was never any problem. The location is convenient to everything -- by car, that is, which is a fact of life in Jacksonville as a whole.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

We are so glad that we were able to upgrade your room for you. As a Hilton Honors member, we make sure that you are taken care of. We are also glad that you were able to explore the Historic San Marco area (talk about some good food!!!!!) that is so close to us! And the restaurant just across the street, The Wine Cellar, is an excellent choice for any occasion! Regarding the FREE parking, FREE FULL HOT BREAKFAST, and FREE Wi-Fi, that's the way it should be! We know that you have a choice when traveling and from the moment you walk through our doors to the moment you leave, we want you to have no doubt that you made the right choice! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. If we can ever be of service, we are only a phone call away!

Front Office Manager, Hotel Sales Coordinator
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very friendly, personable, attentive staff......informative about local attractions, restaurants, and traffic concerns. Rooms and common areas were clean and well maintained. Convenient to downtown. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

HI Denise,

We are so glad to hear your feedback! We have said it in previous review responses that we know all travelers have a choice when selecting a hotel to call home when they travel! We are also so happy that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville! If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to let us know! Thank you for staying with us Denise... and thank you for telling others your thoughts about our hotel!

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Made reservation for a King with whirlpool tub. I called and told them I would be in around 7pm. When I showed up at 7:15pm they stated that they didn't have any. I stated I have a reservation when they told me the room hasn't been clean. I started to get upset and she stated come back in 30 minutes and she would clean the room herself. We came back around an hour later and she was just finished cleaning the room. Other than that the room met my expectations and was very clean and the staff very friendly. Would have given it 5 stars if the room was ready, especially since it was 4 hours past check in and should have been cleaned by then. I would stay here again as they made it up to me....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wvanative

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience that you had at our hotel recently. We are so sorry that you had to wait so long for your room. We take feedback such as yours very seriously and we will review your feedback with our staff. Once again we are very sorry that you had to wait for your room but we would like to thank you for commenting on how clean and friendly the accommodations and staff were during your visit. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Jacksonville so my team and I can ensure nothing less than a perfect stay.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This hotel provided excellent service to our group of about 30 people while we were in town to participate in the Gator Bowl Parade. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful & friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Dear Susan (and the Krewe),

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We loved having your group here with us while participating in the Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Parade! We can only hope that we have the privilege to welcome you back next year!!! You know if we can ever be of service, we are only a phone call away!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I use this hotel whenever I go to Jacksonville. It is very nice and the free breakfast is great. The only negative comment that I have is that the rooms are not well insulated against noise. You can hear other guests talking in the hallway. This can be a real problem when there are children on your floor. Sometimes they like to run around the hallways.

Hi David,

We hope that your trip home went smoothly with no delays. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your recent experience here at the hotel. We are so sorry that you were disturbed by other guests. Rest assured that the comfort of all of our guests is one of our top priorities! During your next visit, if you are disturbed at any time, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk at any time (24 hours a day) to speak with one of our Guest Services Associates so we can address the issue. Thank you again for staying with us David; we know that you had a choice!

Please let me know if I Can be of further assistance.

At Your Service,

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff at this hotel were exceptional - friendly and helpful. The hotel is very central to downtown Jacksonville which can be reached by foot over Main Street bridge, water taxi or monorail. I think it was a monorail. We walked. Comfy, clean room, hot breakfast, plenty of parking. It was New Years Eve and the prices were higher than usual because of this. Otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget B
Fred B, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Good Morning Bridget,

We hope that you made it home safely. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed New Years Eve with us. We hope that 2014 has been good to you so far. Our rates are higher during the New Year’s holiday as the city of Jacksonville is host to the annual TaxSlayer Gator Bowl that takes place at EverBank Field. We are conveniently located in Downtown Jacksonville and the Skyway System is right behind the hotel. Bridget, thank you for staying with us; we know that you had a choice. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

My Husband and I have been traveling to Jax. for 3 years now. We are having fertility treatments at the Fl. Baptist Hospital and this Hampton in is right there. The staff is always friendly and we love the breakfast in the mornings. I have nothing negative to say. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Melissa M
Fred B, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Hi Melissa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your feelings about our "great hotel"! We also think that our staff is friendly and the breakfast in the morning is so good. Hampton is also improving the breakfast as well so it will be even better next time you come back. Thank you for staying with us Melissa. We know that you have a choice. If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

At Your Service,