“Convenient Stop Over” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kingston, Canada
“Convenient Stop Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great hotel along the way or for a visit to Jacksonville. Convenient location, nice rooms and very friendly/helpful staff. Close to I 95 and to downtown/waterfront attractions. Recommend without any question.

Room Tip: Book in advance.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Steven,
Thank you for your feedback! We are so pleased to hear that when your travel needs bring you to our beautiful city, you like to call our location your ideal choice! We also appreciate the comments about our friendly staff being nice and helpful. It is feedback such as yours that lets us know how we are doing. If we can ever be of service for your return trip, please do not hesitate to give us a call!

904-396-7770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

While this was a good Hampton, I have been at better. I thought the price / value was a little steep compared to other hotels in the area. Needed some spare toiletries from the desk, they were no good. Shaving cream packet was dried up. Pillows were those small square pillows, not very comfortable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dennis,
We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We promise you that this is not a typical experience and we are so very sorry that that service you have come to expect from Hampton was not provided! Thank you for providing feedback about the guest amenities so that we can ensure that another guest does not have this same experience.
I hope that we can host you again upon your return to Jacksonville.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed here only one night with a friend. The front desk was friendly at check-in. Room was clean and comfortable. Bed was very nice. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast was good - biscuits and gravy with potatoes (kind of dry and tasteless) and the usual - bagels, toast, muffins, waffles, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Check out wasn't until noon, which made the stay feel longer. It's a few yards from the SkyWay (which is a free automated shuttle to downtown, convention center, etc. - think Monorail). Hotel location was great - in the heart of everything. Walking distance to great restaurants. Would stay here again for sure. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor (top). There was no noise from the other rooms, but since we were next...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jentlewolfe,
Thank you for reviewing us! I am so thrilled to hear that you had a Perfect Stay with us! Yes we do offer a Complimentary On The House Hot Breakfast, Noon check out, and are conveniently located minutes from most attractions downtown! You can access these destinations by a short walk to the free Downtown Monorail located one block behind the hotel. We really are in the heart of it all! Thank you again for taking time to review us! We look forward to hosting you and your guests on the next getaway.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

While we had a slight hiccup on one of our three rooms, the overall service was exceptional. The service desk staff was very friendly and quickly took care of a few changes that needed to be handled when we checked in. The rooms were clean and quite comfortable. While we did have a couple of challenges with one of our rooms, they were quick to remove one of the two nights off the bill as compensation. I would highly recommend this property if you need to stay in the Downtown or Southbank area in Jacksonville.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CK,
My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our goal is to be brilliant at the basics and I am sorry that one of our rooms fell short of that expectation. I am so happy that we were able to remedy the issue and turn it around quickly. We do pride ourselves on our staff and the service that we provide. Friendly service, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings every time. If you’re not satisfied, we don’t expect you to pay. That’s our commitment and your guarantee. That’s 100% Hampton.
Delray
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Rooms recently redone, location central to most of Jax. Highly recommend the whirlpool rooms.
Friendly staff, great free breakfast and walking distance to waterfront restaurants like Ruth's Chris and the Charthouse.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Hi Amy,
Thank you so much for reviewing us! We do have very nice Jacuzzi rooms. Having a nice long soak before or after those long business meetings make your experience much more relaxing! We are walking distance to many national restaurants as well as local favorites! We look forward to speaking with you on your next return to Jacksonville! Thank you again for taking time to leave your review!
Wellington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This was a great hotel to stay as far as convenience was concerned. It was extremely close to the Convention Center, where our tournament was held. Anywhere we had to go was only a short drive away. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was delicious and also very quick. The staff was attentive to our needs, and they were some of the friendliest employees that we have encountered over the last few months of traveling and staying on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel! :-)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Kathy,
We loved hosting your entire group for the Volleyball tournament! You are right we are located very convenient to the Prime Osborne Convention Center where the tournament took place! We pride ourselves on service at the hotel and we appreciate you sharing your experiences with us! Looking forward to having you stay with us again upon your next trip to Jacksonville.
Glen Carbon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My stay was very enjoyable. All my needs were met. The receptionist helped me find places to eat, directions, clarification on my Hilton points, and helped to get me a 5am cab for my return the airport. This was all done with a smile and a positive attitude. I was very satisfied and impressed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Robert,
I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience at our property! We strive to make sure all guests are taken care of like they are our own family! Even if it is early in the morning! We pride ourselves on service with a smile and we appreciate you sharing this experience! Looking forward to seeing you real soon!
warm regards,