“Anything but typical”

Ranked #22 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns over the years, and this is one of the best. The lobby and breakfast area was renovated and large, the room was clean and of a nice size, the location can't be beat. The hotel is a block from the Jacksonville Skyway (people mover) station, close to the neigborhoods of San Marco, Riverside, and Avondale, and not a bad drive to NAS Jacksonville. A few blocks north of the hotel is the riverwalk along the St Johns River with wonderful views of downtown Jacksonville. It's perfectly located for runs along the riverwalk and running across the Main Street Bridge to the riverwalk on the other side of the riverwalk.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear army_arch,

WOW! We have to say that your review was great as well! Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your recent experience. And you are correct; we try our hardest to go out of our way to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied. We know that you have a choice when choosing a hotel, and we want all of our guests to experience nothing but the best! Thank you for allowing us to be of service for you while you were in town. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future on your next trip to NAS Jacksonville.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean when we arrived. But housekeeping drop the ball on cleaning of the room for the next two nights of our stay. They did reimburse me one night for the inconvenience of having to go get towels the first night and they had to bring me towels the second night of my stay. But the staff was helpful & nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Doug Q,

We are so sorry that you had to experience housekeeping services that were not up to standards. We take feedback such as yours very seriously and we will review your feedback with our staff especially the housekeepers. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Jacksonville so my team and I can ensure nothing less than a perfect stay.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Never been disappointed with a Hampton Inn. This property is well located for our visits to downtown Jax. Great staff to boot! Its a popular site for weekend high school sports teams and the breakfast area can get crowded,so just relax, rememberer you were this age once, and enjoy their youthful energy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Spencer_8,

We are so happy that you had such a delightful stay with us! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the staff to be great. It is not every day that we host large sports teams but we appreciate you being patient with them. We are looking forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here for about a week while my sister was in the hospital. I called to get location of the hotel to be close to the hospital. when I told the desk clerk what I was coming for he told me I would get the hospital rate because I was coming to be with family in the hospital. i would not have known that if he had not told me. Since we were unsure how long we would be here it was very helpful and much appreciated. The rooms were clean and comfortable. nice air conditioning that kept our room nice and comfy. Everyone we were in contact with was very nice and helpful. We ending up needing an extra room. Rochelle helped us with that and was very sweet. our family members who came in later did not arrive until very late at night. She assured us not to worry there would be no problem with that. The breakfast area was nice very modern with something for about every taste, From Yogurt to hot breakfast it was all good. The waffles were great!! There was one very delightful little lady that assisted in the breakfast area. Her name is Ivy, very sweet and absolutely practices hospitality. She was there every morning smiling and saying it was a great day! Truly she enjoyed taking care of the guests. I even spilled my coffee and I was going to clean it up just needed some papertowels. Immediately she told me my name is Ivy I'm from the Phlipines please let me take care of you with a big smile. From then on Ivy greeted us every morning with a smile and something encouraging. It was as though we were a guest in her home. The hotel is very convienently located. We would definately come back. All in all the hotel was nice but the staff set it apart from others.

If there was anything that needed improvement it would have been possibly the maid service it was just average. It was always cleaned and fresh towels. But nothing much above that. if there were any empty bottles of water or trash of any kind it was just left as it was. maybe that is procedure. Also it seemed the bed was made but just the covers pulled back over it. when you got in bed the sheet was crumpled up at the bottom. No big deal just little things! :) We would like to send a big thank you to the staff who made our very stressful visit (due to sick loved ones in the hospital) a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Toni,

We are sorry that it was not the most happiest of situations that brought you to Jacksonville. We can sympathize with you about having family in the hospital. It can be one of the most stressful times. We try to make things as easy as possible when hosting families with loved ones in the hospital. We appreciate your sincere comments about the hotel and our staff! We thank you for taking the time to let the world know about your stay with us! We hope that we can host you again for a fun family getaway next time you return to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

After a long day of meetings, we returned at night to our room to find a soiled towel on the floor. I contacted the front desk and I was told to just leave it there and someone would take care of it in the morning. After the initial shock, I told the desk clerk that it was not an option and it needed to be removed that night. The desk clerk came up and retrieved the towel using a plastic bag but did not apologize for her response or for the towel being there. The next morning I spoke to the Operations Manager who was indeed shocked by the clerk's response. He apologized for the behavior and adjusted my bill for the one night. We stayed two additional nights with no additional problems. Thank you Operation Manager for representing Hilton the correct way!

Room Tip: Request a room that overlooks the pool.

Dear Deasgabills,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience that you had at our hotel recently. We are so sorry that you had to experience a room that was not up to standards. We take feedback such as yours very seriously and we will review your feedback with our staff especially the front desk agents. Thank you for commenting on how professional and attentive our Operations Manager, Chris Monroe is. Please do not hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Jacksonville so my team and I can ensure nothing less than a perfect stay.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was in Jacksonville and stayed here for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the stay! Rooms were clean, beds were very comfortable and easy to come and go from this location. Neighbors were quite loud one night but hotel addressed it immediately! Breakfast was excellent with everything from fresh fruit, eggs, cereal, fresh hot oatmeal, breads/bagels. Coffee/tea service in the lobby available 24 hours/day. Best of all was the excellent front desk and Breakfast room staff - ALWAYS pleasant and more than helpful for whatever you needed. Samantha at the front desk and Chris Monroe, Ops Mgr, were very helpful when my "ride" didn't show to the airport - got right on it and I was out of the hotel on time! Would definitely stay here again!!

Karen,

We have to say that your review was great as well! Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your recent experience. And you are correct; we try our hardest to go out of our way to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied. We know that you have a choice when choosing a hotel, and we want all of our guests to experience nothing but the best! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn April 12 to April 14 to visit my son. The hotel needs updating. The carpet was stained and the comforter was worn in the room. The first day of my visit, someone was having a baby shower in the private room on the 1st floor. I was in the lobby relaxing. There were incredibly LOUD. Would it have rude to yell, "shut up already" (kidding). The first night I went to bed early and I heard someone's dog barking outside my door and other people talking loud. Early the next morning I heard doors slamming. The breakfast buffet was just ok. I don't think I will return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Atllisa,

We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We promise you that this is not a typical experience and we are so very sorry that that service you have come to expect from Hampton was not provided! Thank you for providing feedback about the guest Linen and room carpet so that we can ensure that another guest does not have this same experience.
I hope that we can host you again upon your return to Jacksonville.

904-396-7770