“Awesome Service!”

Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Gainesville, Florida
“Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was in town for a wedding and was staying at a nearby hotel. Disgusted, I quickly canceled my reservation at the other hotel and changed to the Hampton Inn for the night. I called for to see if there was early check in available (around 11:30 a.m.) and the manager, Chris Monroe, said he could have a room ready in 30 minutes! The moment I walked in, he was friendly and even acknowledged us by name. The room and bathroom were clean and very spacious. Even when leaving for the wedding, Chris, was very attentive, showering us with compliments and good wishes. Upon check-out the next day, we met Ivy! She was taking care of about 4-5 different people during breakfast with a HUGE smile on her face! Overall this staff is fabulous and welcoming! Next time I'm in Jacksonville, I will be staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
PauletteSanta,

Wow! Thank you for the glowing response and taking the time to give us your feedback! Especially for the outstanding employees that blew your socks off with guest service! I will make sure to share this review with Chris and Ivy. They will be elated! We welcome you back to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown anytime!
(904)-396-7770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Hopkinton, MA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a delicious, comfortable,delightful experience for us. Thanks to all of the Staff for all that you provided. As we traveled North, we purposely sought out another Hampton Inn to stay overnight. As with the other, this was as relaxing, clean and comfortable. We have found that the areas where Hampton Inns are located are very convenient to highways and useful shopping areas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John R
John R,

We are so elated that you shared your wonderful experience with us! We know that all of our guests have a choice when traveling and when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we like to do all we can to ensure that you come back to see us. Looking forward to seeing you on your next return trip to Jacksonville!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. The morning complementary breakfast was a plus and Ivy's service (the lady that serves the breakfast) was excellent!
Rooms were pretty clean, beds were comfortable and location was perfect if you are going to the baptist hospital.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Maorsini
Dear Maorsini,

We are so happy that you had such a lovely stay with us! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the staff to be friendly and courteous. I will make sure to share with Ivy your wonderful comments. Looking forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Bottom Line:
This hotel is great place to stay for business--clean, quiet, and happy.

Happy might be an interesting description for a hotel, but you might not have met Ivy.

I met Ivy on my first stay at Hampton Inn, after a wary week of a travel, I was in need of resting my head and rest I did. Then I came downstairs to grab some grub--"Good Morning, Sir!" Imagine: bright smile, caring, concerned, and HAPPY--all at 6:30AM! Immediate cause for my very own bright smile and the choice to start my day at or above Ivy's level of happiness. She even asked if I needed some food for the road as they were closing their breakfast bar! Needless to say, I walked away with a few apples and bananas, as business travel doesn't necessarily bring out the best options (or choices!) in terms of dietary endeavors.

In all, thanks for the stay, the hospitality, the smile, and the happy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Lander A,

We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We try to make sure that all of our guests feel at home while they are staying with us. We all know that all of our guests have a choice when traveling and when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we like to do all we can to ensure that you come back to see us. I will personally share your feedback with Ivy. She will be overjoyed! Thanks again for telling others about your stay.

FORT PIERCE, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

The hotel staff was amazing. They were professional and friendly and willing to assist in anyway with a smile on their faces. I was impressed! The room was clean, smelled fresh, and slept well. I was on business and I feel this hotel is well suited for such a trip. I wouldn't make reservations for an extended stay here however. For the price I paid I expected more.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Danyelle Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay. I will make sure to share with my team your excellent feedback. We are continuously making improvements to the property to make sure that our guests feel the value for the price paid. We just added a complimentary manager’s reception to welcome all our guests home after their long day with complimentary beverages and snacks. We will be upgrading seating in the rooms very shortly as well. We continue to welcome feedback on how to improve our property. We hope that you will return to experience some of the additional amenities that we will be rolling out very soon.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel in January for the welcome to Rockville fest that took place this past weekend. The price was right at only $206 for a 3 night stay.

When we arrived check in was less than 2 minutes and all the staff were extremely friendly. We had no issues parking and took the elevator up to our room on the 5th floor. When we entered the room we noticed it was spacious and clean and came with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. From the 5th floor we had a nice view of the downtown area. We had two queen beds which were very comfortable, especially after a long day of concert going. Water pressure and temperature in the showers were good and the bathrooms are clean and spacious. The free breakfast in the morning was also pretty good. There was fresh fruits, waffles, cereal, and hot items such as omlets, sausage and French toast.

The location was great. It was a five minute cab ride to Metropark where the festival was and there were some cool downtown restaurants and breweries near by. We were impressed and would definitely stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Tim B,

Thank you for your review! We do pride ourselves on taking care of any size group large or small! We appreciated the opportunity to host you during Welcome to Rockville! You are correct in that we are a short cab ride to many attractions in downtown and in Jacksonville. We are centrally located to most of them! We do have some great attractions within walking distance that you may have missed; The Museum of Science and History, the River walk, and the Jacksonville Landing. (Just to name a few). I hope that you will return and experience some of these attractions for yourself! If I can assist with any further information about things to do within walking distance, please contact me. Looking forward to hosting you next year during Welcome to Rockville 2015!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very nice and inviting. Room & bathroom were clean. Breakfast was nice. Parking was good. Safe area felt very comfortable with my kids. Would return again if ever in the area. Right of interstate I-95.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Chris D,

We are so happy that you had such a delightful stay with us! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the hotel room to be clean and fresh. Looking forward to hosting you and your family again on your next trip to Jacksonville!