“Next time....we'll stay elsewhere”

Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Upon arrival I knew I'd made a poor choice when the desk staff couldn't point me in the direction of restaurants. No parking at all that night as there was a convention of PT Cruisers. Loud noise in the hallway all night, hair in our bathroom upon arrival, and to wake up to the worst breakfast ever, next time we will pay the extra money to stay elsewhere. You'd think you'd get much more from a Hilton property, but that is certainly not the case here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Jennifer,
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

- Stephanie Zimerle

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I usually try to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Jacksonville for business. I love to get a cookie when I check in, and sometimes there is lemon water, popcorn and other little touches of home in the lobby. It's modestly priced and basic, but clean and we love the free breakfast, which has a variety of choices including a lot of protein (on different days, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage, turkey sausage, omelets, yogurt, oatmeal with brown sugar, cranberries and mixed raisins and mixed nuts, and good bagels - not just coffee and yucky danish like some places). During our most recent stay, Ivy from the Philippines took care of everything we needed at breakfast, including making perfect waffles for us. She was extremely helpful and bright and cheery (wish I was as naturally cheery and bubbly as she is!!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Rcrooks, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

EASkolte,

We thank you for choosing Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown when business brings your to Jacksonville, Florida! We know you have many choices when choosing accommodations in the city and we thank you for constantly choosing us! We do provide a lot of free amenities including Hampton’s On The House Hot Breakfast and snack reception every evening. We try to welcome all of our guests back home with a special treat. I will make sure to share with Ivy your comments! She will be above the moon excited! Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, the staff is just the best. When I left my room i felt like I was walking into my den at home I was so comfortable there. Staying away from home cleanliness and safety are our main priorities and this hotel provided both. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Patricia D,

We are so thrilled that you feel like Hampton Jacksonville Downtown feels like home! We are excited to know that we have exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking time to review us on TripAdvisor! We look forward to welcoming you back to Jacksonville very soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We had to stay in downtown Jacksonville and this hotel was very convenient to everyou place we needed to go. It is on a main road but it's tucked away and very quiet. The staff is super friendly and always accommodating. We have stayed here twice so far and will probably be back in the future. The rooms are nice and always pretty clean. I love that there's always hot coffee and hot tea available. The complimentary hot breakfast is so awesome! So much to choose from. Some mornings we didn't have time to sit and eat so we could just grab some coffees and bananas and pastries to go. It's a great value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014

Laura R,

I am so glad that you took a chance on us and enjoyed your stay! We are so pleased that you shared your experience and are elated that you found the staff to be accommodating and super friendly. And yes we do provide a lot of free amenities including Hampton’s On The House Hot Breakfast! We hope that you will call on us next time you visit Jacksonville.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our AC broke and every effort was made to have it repaired. We were consistently updated about the progress. We were refunded the full cost for the night we had no ac. Other than that, every aspect of our stay was great. We enjoyed the cleanliness of the room and the amenities and the helpfulness and courtesy of all staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Monica S,

We apologize that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We promise you that this is not a typical experience and we are so very sorry that that your AC had to be repaired during your stay. Thank you for providing feedback about your experience so that we can ensure that another guest does not have this same experience. I am happy that our attentive and caring staff took great care of you to remedy this situation quickly. I hope that we can host you again upon your return to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had an excellent stay on 5/22/14. The room was quiet and clean. The staff was helpful with directions to the property. Our 7 year old especially enjoyed the breakfast, and the caring attention of our breakfast server Ivy was wonderful and refreshing!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

GregJC2014,

We are so excited to hear that your kids enjoyed breakfast each morning! We do have an assortment of very delicious options as well as build your own waffles! I will make sure to share your feedback with Ivy; she will be s happy to hear that she made a guest’s stay wonderful! Looking forward to welcoming you and your family on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We really liked staying in this hotel. The lobby staff was very helpful when we needed them. The room was very clean, the beds confortable and all had a very modern decoration. The breakfast had plenty of choice and fresh fruit which is rare to find nowadays. It's a pitty we didn't get a chance to try the indoor pool and fitness center! The rooms have microwaves and there is a supermarket nearby so a quick meal can be prepared on a whim.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Andre_Alho,

We are so glad that you shared your wonderful experience! We know that all of our guests have a choice when traveling and when your travel needs bring you back to Jacksonville, we like to do all we can to ensure that you come back to see us. Looking forward to seeing you on your next return trip to Jacksonville!