“Super friendly people but needed an update”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Dallas, Texas
“Super friendly people but needed an update”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Fantastic location, near the water, downtown and business. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly and very helpful. Ivy, the morning breakfast hostess, was a delight and made every one feel special. However the hotel needs an update. I only stay at Hamptons and this one needs the refresh so many Hamptons have experienced over the past couple of years. All that said, this is the ONLY place I stay when in Jacksonville on business. Thanks for the hospitality

Room Tip: I was on upper floor and it was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property! Your words of kindness are greatly appreciated. The Hampton Jacksonville Downtown prides itself on our customer service and Ivy is a prime example of this. The hotel has been going through some refreshes since our last renovation in 2011. Just to name a few, we recently replaced all of our hallway carpets, redid our landscaping, and are about to receive our new luggage seats. We are honored to be your hotel of choice when you travel to Jacksonville and can’t wait for you and our other guest to enjoy in our refresh!

Sales Coordinator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2014

only 1.2 miles to Everbank field. Nice looking place. Very friendly staff, Nice rooms with fridge & microwave. One of the nicest complimentary breakfast's I've seen. On the downside, there are no balcony's or opening windows. King bed not so comfy, I spent the entire night trying to stay on the bed instead of rolling off the crooked bed on to the floor. Check out is at noon which is cool so you are not rushed out. Not so sure I would sleep in one of these beds again. so overall, I would rate this hotel average.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the better the view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were warmly welcomed upon arrival. Chris was one of the best front desk staff I've ever encountered. Every time I returned to the lobby, he was there with a smile and friendly conversation. The room was comfortable, the hotel is in a good location, and we had an overall excellent stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Came to jacksonville to watch the Mens National Soccer Team in their World Cup send off game. The hotel was full, and the staff handled it well- the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable. Free parking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Went up to my room and flipped the air conditioning on. Ran about 1 1/2 hours than shut down. Called the front desk and they sent someone to investigate. The guy had no idea what he was looking at or what to do. I suggested re - setting the circuit bit that never happened. In stead the moved me to another room (at 11:00 pm). I originally reserved a room with a king size bed but once they transfered me I ended up with two doubles. I guess I could have out them together to make one? The second room was dirty with hair all over the place. I didn't want to ask for another room as that would have taken away from my sleep; as it was I was getting up early the next day.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Jimmy,
Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you faced while staying with us. We work hard to create a welcoming atmosphere in the hotel and it would appear that during your stay we fell short in this. The concerns you raise in regards to your room could all have been prevented with a correct inspection of the room and I will certainly be addressing this with our Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance Engineer. We hope this does not deter you from the Jacksonville area and will give the Staff a chance to make it right.

Moody, Alabama
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here May 29-June 1, 2014 with our 5 year old granddaughter. We was here a car show at the Landing. When we arrived our room was ready with the exception that it only had a king bed. They quickly got a us a roll away for our granddaughter. The staff was excellent and the breakfast was great. Anytime we asked for anything we got it quickly. As a matter of fact the maid Catina made sure that we had cookies the next morning for our granddaughter.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. Want to mention in particular the wait staff during the morning breakfast. A little gal named Ivy from the Philippines made sure we had everything we needed and chatted with us as well. She was fun and really a pro! Thank you Ivy!

Debbie,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Ivy was recognized during our morning meeting for her excellent service which clearly touched her heart. Your inspiring review has motivated the team to match Ivy's enthusiasm.