“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #14 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Vero Beach, FL, United States
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My stay at this hotel was a wonderful experience...very friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, great spread for breakfast each day. Additionally, the location couldn't be easier to find (right off I95), and a short distance from an array of restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Your kind words are truly appreciated. The Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95 is lucky to have such a great location! We are within walking distance to many restaurants, activities, and local business, making our location ideal.

Stephanie Zimerle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is still agreat place to stay and it is fairly centrally located. The rooms are nice, and the room I had was very quiet. There have been changes in the staff, which need some work. The maid service was so-so. I had no towels one night and the next night the room had only been partially cleaned and prepared. Also, they have had issues with leaks and ice machines which werea bit frustrating, but they all smiled and handled things well in trying to do the right thing for the guests.

Room Tip: #rd floor and up are much quieter. - They are away formt eh roads.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
I do apologize for the issues you faced while staying with us. All of the items you mentioned could have easily been avoided with a proper inspection of your room. I will make sure to bring this to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper so that new practices may be set in place.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here in June for the USA soccer match...very busy but great hospitality .My gransdson loved the pool with towels poolside. the room was clean in our weekend stay. The breakfast was outstanding a great value! I will agree that there are not many dining places close for dinner

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Events at Everbank Field are one of the busiest times for Jacksonville Downtown and I’m pleased to hear that our Team handled it with ease. The pool is a great amenity of the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95 and I’m glad you were able to utilize everything we have to offer!

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room is clean and comfy. Breakfast bar was the best I have seen. Ivy took great care of us and provided a positive outlook to start the day. Location is downtown and we ran into traffic getting in and out.

• Stayed July 2014
Ivy is definitely one of our Staff Celebrities here at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95. Her continued pleasant outlook brightens not only Guest’s days but fellow Team Members as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Folkston, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms were clean. Staff went out of their way to meet every need. Even went into the kitchen after hours to get milk for my granddaughter. Helped us find a room for my daughter and her family close to ours at the last minute. Willing to move us if we needed to be closer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Here at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown we pride ourselves in being our Guests “Home away from home.” We know it’s the little things that mean the most and taking that time to connect which each person that walks through the door. Knowing that our Staff made an impression on your family proves that we are on the right path.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were greeted well and were shown good hospitality during our stay and had a good sleep. Breakfast was very good and well-prepared and we felt nourished to start our day. One little piece of advice, this hotel is downtown and eating establishments outside hotel late at night (after 8pm) are few and far between, so you may want to eat in the suburbs prior to arrival. There were more restaurants down the street toward a residential section but we did not find this out until later and we do not know how late they stay open.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95. As a part of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce I will make sure to let the local Downtown Restaurants know that more and more visitors are looking for that late night meal. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Tallahassee, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have chosen this location on several business and pleasure trips. The service has always been great, the rooms clean and comfortable. I would recommend this facility for the location, price and quality of services provided.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Our number one goal is to always meet and exceed every guest's expectations and I’m pleased to hear that we consistently provide you with excellent service! We know you have a choice when choosing a hotel in Jacksonville and we thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again soon!