“Excellent place to stay”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #23 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room is very nice - clean, sofa is comfortable and bed is very comfortable. It is right near the river and is easy to get to the landing. Very nice hotel and staff is very nice and helpful. The hot water is hot! Ice is located on every floor either near elevator or down the hall There were many families staying here this trip. Has exercising room and outdoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time on posting your detailed review of your most recent stay. There is a reason why they call our industry "Hospitality", and I am proud to see that our staff demonstrated that to you. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel could not be more accommodating, friendly, clean and professional. Catina went out of her way to make sure we all had everything we needed from towels in our room to a comfortable dinner while sitting poolside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing the team for a job well done. Katina is a wonderful asset to our team and consistently goes above and beyond for our guests. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel and we will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Love, Love, Love this hotel, our room was very nice. I am not a smoker, but my husband is and it accommodated his habit. Also, the room did not smell like smoke at all. The whirlpool tub was very nice and romantic. Bed slept like a cloud. Very happy with the room and so was my husband. For the price and the room type it was a steal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review and sharing your observations about your recent stay.The 1 King Bed with Whirlpool is one of the staff favorites! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep with us and took full advantage of the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The manager, Mr. Monroe and the entire staff were friendly and very professional. Everything was clean and the hotel was easy to find. The ONLY thing that I would have liked is to have had more variety with the choice of meats for breakfast. I don't eat pork, and there weren't any alternatives during my stay. But, even with that, there were enough non meat options for me to choose from so I was still able to enjoy a decent breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I am excited to share your feedback with our team. We take great pride in providing our guest with a high quality breakfast offering and I will make sure to suggest your comments about having a wider selection of breakfast meats at our next Managers meeting. Thank you for your positive feedback and look forward to hosting your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Overall I would give it an 'A'. Clean, neat, comfortable, polite and helpful staff. Maybe a little high in rate, but understandable for location. Same hotel outside perimeter of town would no doubt have a lower rate. All in all a good hotel experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for your time in leaving comments about your stay with us, and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Our staff enjoyed having you at the hotel, and we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Nice hotel in the downtown area, very clean and professional hotel staff. The food was good. The gym is a little small but we got enough exercise siteseeing and doing family activities. Get location and nice size room with standard amenities. I would select the hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us. It's great to hear that our downtown location is perfectly situated for your visit, and that our staff took great care of you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. Pour cleanliness, noisy rooms and rooms not very comfortable. Staff is not very knowledgeable. Checked in and given keys attached to a sticky note with our room number on it. Tacky

1  Thank Kathy B

Thank you for sharing comments about your stay with us, and please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you faced. The satisfaction of our guests is of the utmost importance to us. The Housekeeping Department works tirelessly to ensure that our suites and public spaces are fresh and clean, including daily housekeeping maintenance and extensive cleaning when a room is turned over to a new guest. We truly apologize that this was not your impression. I have also spoken with Chris Monroe the properties Operations Manager to investigate why you were given your room keys with a sticky note and not our standard key packet. Mr. Monroe also informed me that he did give you a complete refund on your points stay with us for the issues you faced. Additionally, the Management Team has already shared your comments with our staff and they have been addressed immediately.

We know you have many choices for hotel accommodations in Jacksonville, and we thank you for your choosing to stay with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance to earn your business.