“Relaxed evening”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95
Ranked #17 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My new favorite hotel to stay while in JAX! Very clean, nice, friendly staff. Except the manager spoke loudly to his subordinates in the kitchen in front of all of the guests during breakfast (not nice, actually rude). But the room, cleanliness and location of this hotel make it a favorite. It was a business / travel for me and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I immediatley brought your response to the properties General Manager so that your concern may be addressed. He has already spoken with the Manager on Duty that day to resolve the situation and the insure that it does not happen again. We appreciate your review and look forward to hosting you in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked this hotel for our family reunion. We were given great nightly rates for event rate and the rate for the meeting room was very reasonable. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help with whatever request we made. We ended up booking a king room and to our surprise we had a jacuzzi in the room. That was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nickii B

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share this review. I am so happy to hear that you had such a good time and enjoyed our location and our staff. We truly appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located with easy access to major highways. It's clean and inviting and the staff is friendly and professional. Catina will go out of her way to help you and provide some great laughs poolside!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review of our hotel. We are happy to know that we were a excellent fit for you. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your visit, and all the features that we have to offer. Katina was recognized in our Team Member Morning Huddle and she was truly touched by your kind words. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A six night stay in a comfortable hotel, in a good location but the comfort came at a cost. For instance, at checkin the room had popcorn on the floor and a lady's ear ring - each clearly visible upon entry. There was no laundry bag in the room. The second day the garbage can in the bathroom was on top of the toilet and that was true for 3 of the 6 nights. This is easily correctable by the guest but shouldn't have to be done. On the second day there was a half-used water of bottle left om the table by the cleaning staff. A visit to the desk attendant resulted in an apology but that was it. The attendants attitude - not spoken - was "you are a long stay customer so do you expect better"? Well, in fact I do. The third day the hand towel was not replaced, the bed hardly made. Again a visit to the front desk and this time the manager of the cleaning staff was there to hear my conversation but again no change. I could continue but never was there a laundry bag in the room, garbage cans left on top of the toilet, and a front desk that was less than helpful. Breakfast on one day was 20 minutes late.

Given a choice I would probably not return.

1  Thank Ram1995

Thank you for taking the time to post your opinions about your stay. We appreciate constructive feedback in an effort for us to improve. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you. Once in a great while we "drop the ball", and this seems to be the case with your visit. We take your feedback very seriously, and I have already met with my Leadership Team to address your concerns. I know that we would love to make it right for you. We thank you for taking the time to help us improve and we look forward to exceeding your expectations in the future!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The room is very nice - clean, sofa is comfortable and bed is very comfortable. It is right near the river and is easy to get to the landing. Very nice hotel and staff is very nice and helpful. The hot water is hot! Ice is located on every floor either near elevator or down the hall There were many families staying here this trip. Has exercising room and outdoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time on posting your detailed review of your most recent stay. There is a reason why they call our industry "Hospitality", and I am proud to see that our staff demonstrated that to you. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel could not be more accommodating, friendly, clean and professional. Catina went out of her way to make sure we all had everything we needed from towels in our room to a comfortable dinner while sitting poolside.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing the team for a job well done. Katina is a wonderful asset to our team and consistently goes above and beyond for our guests. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about our hotel and we will look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Love, Love, Love this hotel, our room was very nice. I am not a smoker, but my husband is and it accommodated his habit. Also, the room did not smell like smoke at all. The whirlpool tub was very nice and romantic. Bed slept like a cloud. Very happy with the room and so was my husband. For the price and the room type it was a steal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
SZimerle, Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review and sharing your observations about your recent stay.The 1 King Bed with Whirlpool is one of the staff favorites! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep with us and took full advantage of the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.