“A week in Jacksonville, Fl”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk
Ranked #79 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I travel on business nearly every week and this is one of the best experiences I have had. Entire staff was helpful, friendly and made my stay enjoyable. This location is only a 5 minute drive to downtown Jacksonville North Bank including Jacksonville Landing and offers plenty of opportunity to explore the South Bank Riverwalk on foot.

I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a clean room, at a reasonable rate, with a refrigerator and stove top. Greatly enjoyed Nicovia at the front desk and all of the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi Richard,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our hotel. It is our mission to make your stay as comfortable and as pleasant as possible. I am glad we succeeded in this. I am also happy to hear that my staff (Nicovia and all of my housekeeping staff) made you feel at home. I would like to thank you again for your great review and hopefully, we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel while attending Antiques Roadshow. The first people to greet you when you enter the hotel are all of the smokers puffing away right outside the entrance. Yuck!! This needs to be taken care of by management.

The check in was very efficient and the front desk gal was very friendly. The hotel is close to the elevated train that goes over the river and around downtown so you can see lots of things…and the best part, it’s free!!! The rooms have been newly renovated, but in comparison to other Extended Stay hotels I have stayed in, the rooms are much smaller. The full kitchen is great to prepare snacks or even a meal. We stayed on the third floor and the entire hallway had a terrible smell. We would walk as fast as we could from the elevator to our room. There is not a problem with the smell once you are inside the room. The hotel does not provide shampoo, so don’t forget yours…like I did.

The grab and go breakfast was looking pretty sad when I got there. The morning personnel then argued about who was going to refill it, while I was standing there. The person that ended up doing it has such long fingernails she could not fill up the oatmeal display, so I helped her out. If they could have the gal that worked the afternoon of June 7th, train the morning crew, that would lead to a much better customer service experience.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Lori - Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. I apologize for the number of guests smoking outside our lobby door. Due to being a non-smoking hotel, guests now need to step outside to enjoy a cigarette. It is our goal to find a happy medium for both smokers and non-smokers, so we recently implemented a $250 smoking penalty.

You also mentioned you had forgotten your shampoo. I am happy to inform you that we now have such items at our front desk. The next time around, please ask our front desk associate for items such as shampoo, tooth brushes, tooth paste, razors, etc. They will be happy to provide these amenities to you upon request.

Thank you again for the feedback you have provided us, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Superior Staff. Extremely helpful. Like their work. Friendly and professional always. Best asset of the property.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and well equipped. Great place to stay. Convenient. I would recommend this property above properties with more stars and charging double the price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

I received a copy of your fantastic review and wanted to thank you. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff was professional and courteous and that they made your stay a pleasant one. We pride ourselves in provided great service to our guests each and every day. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

The location of this hotel is wonderful. It was just minutes away from the Riverwalk. There are several restaurants within walking distance as well. The rooms were fairly quiet and the window views nice. There is no real breakfast as this location and no amenities at all. It is only good for working or resting in your room and/or being conveniently located for fun outside of the hotel. There is a full refrigerator and a stove top so if you can get to a grocery store, you can really shut in here if you'd like or spend less money on food. I would definitely recommend a stay here for anyone that does not need amenities.

Room Tip: Public transportation is nearby and the airport is about 20 minutes away from this location. A car r...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location, view, and kitchenette. As of now, we have our grab and go breakfast, which is a new feature. This is a quick, easy way to get a bite to eat when running out the door. Otherwise, our in-room kitchens are great for making breakfast too. So glad that you were able to take advantage of both!

We value your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel last year and couldn't believe the improvements! More comfy beds, nicer decor, grab'n'go breakfast, HD TV...! What a great value! Convenient location and a friendly staff as well!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Tom - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recent renovations! We appreciate your positive response, as this is the reason we have worked so hard to improve our location. I'm also glad to hear our staff did their best to take care of you during your stay as well.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hotel was clean and comfortable, within walking distance across the bridge from our conference. Good value for the money, grab and go breakfast. The best part was the excellent customer service from Vicki at the font desk from check in to check out. She went over and above to help with whatever we needed. We would definately stay here again when we visit Jacksonville.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2013

A weekend stay for a professional workshop resulted in a very pleasant experience. Vickie Moore, the charge front desk clerk was personable from check-in to check-out. An unexpected race was going to shut down bridges and she volunteered to search mapquest for an alternate route to my conference. The room was neat, airy, and clean. The hotel was in a central location and very close to I-95. I would recommend this place and return for repeat stays.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business