“I do not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy !!!”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
Ranked #107 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“I do not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Hotel terrible, you will find hair on your bed, carpet with stains, bathroom dirty , kitchen and countertops with coffee stain from previous guess .... Front desk attendants with old uniforms and very slow, hallways smell like food. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Around the corner is a Candlewood suite hotel for the same price. MUCH BETTER!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are always strive to make our guest stay comfortable and enjoyable. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Eustis, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

From the reservations process all the way through checkout, I've had a great experience at this property. While my room was clean and comfortable, the staff here really do make the difference. I was here for over a week visiting he Mayo Clinic and the location is perfect for the short drive back and forth, but the convenience of having the shuttle is great as well. There are restaurants ranging from fast food to casual dining within a mile or so and the St. John's Town Centre is a very short drive away for those that need retail therapy as well. I will agree with other reviews that the location can be a little tricky at first because the hotel is tucked away in a quiet business park, but you'll appreciate the location much more than that first time you missed the turn. I have to say though, the staff at this property are really what make the stay so great. Being in a strange place on your own and going through medical treatments can be stressful enough, but they really do go above and beyond for anything you may need.

Room Tip: Even though they're unable to guarantee a specific room number, I would request 117 if you'r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Lance - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing things about all of our staff. I am proud of our team for making your stay so enjoyable. As well, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, close to restaurants and other establishments in the area.

Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Very convenient location, to interstate, theater, shopping and restaurants, on south side of Jacksonville. Located in a Business park. Quiet. There is a pond directly in front of the hotel, which is home to geese and ducks and their babies.

Staff, both front desk and maintenance, are extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating. "Ms. Mary" (know by staff), The Manager, is very engaged with guest needs and maintains a well kept facility.

This is a pet friendly facility, which was a key reason for me in selecting this facility.

Room Tip: Make sure you get larger room than the standard room for extended stays. I stayed in the small room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Joe - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with our property and staff, especially Mary. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us!

Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here for a month while my husband was an out patient at the Mayo Clinic. The hotel is not fancy but it was clean and the staff was more than helpful. The staff made it a pleasure to stay there, they went out of their way to make sure everything was right. Actually I can't say enough about how pleasant they were. Pleasant people are always a pleasure and they were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a bottom floor room if you are staying for any length of time.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a warm and positive review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay and we helped make you and your family more comfortable during a stressful time. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I'm very impressed with our visit. The room was clean, very spacious and even more importantly... it did not smell of smoke. I also loved the fact that the windows open up. We had some beautiful weather so it was nice being able to open the windows up and enjoy the breeze coming in. The bed was comfortable (love the pillows) and my daughter loved the recliner in the room. I would highly recommend this hotel to others. I've already made my reservations here for my next trip!
* For those who are not familiar with the area... the hotel is located in the business plaza. I had a hard time finding it initially because it's tucked away so I couldn't see the hotel from the main road and my navigation system and mapquest both told me to make a u-turn (coming from 202 to 115) onto Perimeter Park Blvd when in fact, I only had to turn left into that business plaza and follow the road down to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Clean room, helpful friendly staff, close to Mayo Clinic. The kitchen was great - my husband is on a very limited diet - so this was helpful - there is only 1 pot and 1 pan - so you might want to bring other things to cook in if you do a lot. I also brought "left-over" containers to store food in the frig. It was easy to travel back and forth to the Mayo Clinic between appointments - it was only 10 min. away. We stayed here for 2 1/2 weeks. We had a king-sized bed that was comfortable. I would stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business