Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Deerwood Park
US$401
US$356
  • Pool
US$82
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$106
Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites(Jacksonville)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$136
US$115
US$90
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This property is a disgrace to the extended stay hotel chain. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in; I was the tour director of a group of 22 -25 guest rooms for 2 nights, August 1 - 3, 2014. We were horrified when we walked into the hotel. We should have turned around and left but since I signed a contract I had no choice but to stay here (I didn't want to be penalized).

This property is seriously neglected and dirty (where is housekeeping), cleanliness should be a standard (it's not) and the basic maintenance product and upkeep is not being done at all, this hotel is falling apart. As soon as I got home I contact Guest Relations / Customer Care, it is 3 days later and no one bothered to respond (how professional).

Check into a vacant ready room and there was urine in the toilet
Soiled carpets in the hallways and guest room
Mildew / Mold around the window sills
Very strong musty odor in the hallways and guest rooms
Mold around the tub, caulking
Microwave didn't work
Bed linens has stains on them
Furniture soiled pull out couch mattress had springs poking up and the arm rest was torn
Bottom line...STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stayed at two Stay America facilities over the last 3 months. The reason I choose the facilities is that I have a cat and most hotels won't take animals. I guess they only take the human animals. In Massachusetts I encountered a bunch of drunken, drugged, groupie thugs who took over the facility and no one could control them. The regular workers that stayed there were also drunk and disorderly and the manager was going to call the police. In Deer Park a bus of people rolled in and took the place over. They literally destroyed the place. There was feces, garbage, etc. in the halls and they confronted other guests that were not part of their group. The manager was very nice but she was off the day they rolled in. It was insane to say the least. They were up all night and even confronted me and kept knocking on my door. The next morning I checked out and that was a horror story in itself. I talked to the manager over the telephone and she stated that she received many complaints regarding this bus group. There again there was no way the manager or the staff could control this bunch. Like the Massachusetts groups they just took over the hotel. clearly when you are one of the lowest hotel prices online you attract the worst elements in society and this is what is occurring here. Stay America needs top step up and either control this kind of conduct or just close some of their hotels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Don U
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would have given a 4 rating but will Explain.

Overall this is a A-Typical Extended Stay America, this is not a Marriott or Hilton as it looks like some of the reviewers expect from every hotel. The room was large and clean upon my arrival. Colton checked me in very fast and efficiently and was very polite. I explained that I would be having my daughter with me for the stay and needed a large room, so he made sure to show me a King executive suite before just giving me a room, so I could make sure it was clean and ready and enough space.

The pool is very large with a grill outside, landscaping was very nice and this property sits far enough away from Butler and southside blvd that the noise is a non-factor, it is very secluded but yet you are near several arteries to the city as well as great food and entertainment.

Bed was comfortable, the pull out sofa was clean and what you would expect from a pull out, refrigerator was cold and clean, and the AC worked very well kept the large room cool to cold at all times.

The bad side to this place is that the interior carpets are indeed filthy, it did however look as they were getting ready to do some type of renovation to the property. There was a smell of smoke in the hallways, not in my room. Like with any Extended Stay property there are long term guests and usually of those long term guests some are locals, who forget that there are other people in the hotel, and the only time I really noticed this was at the pool and how car loads of people would just show up and the family down the hall from us would have 8-12 people all of a sudden at the pool, but by 8 pm the cars were all gone and so were the people at the pool.

I would definitely stay at this property again the value was great for what we needed and I spent over 3 weeks in the room and had no major issues at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank David S
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I have lived here since 2/27/14 and on 4/27/14 I was bit by a spider in two places on my right arm and had to go to an Urgent Care. I spent $125 and $5 on my meds. I advised the Manager and he put in the claim and I have not heard anything. Everytime I call corporate office I get a voice mail. Also this hotel is really going down due to it needs to be renovated like last year. The carpets in rooms and hallway needs to be changed and the mattresses needs to be changed. I will be leaving on next week.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jean P
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The reason I gave it a rating of 2 is because the grounds were nice, and the host at the desk was very polite. Other than that, it was horrible. There were 2 dead bugs on our bed. The shower had more mold and rust than plumbing. We were left an open and used bar of soap. The cabinets looked liked they had been chewed on by rats. There were no paper cups to even get a cup of water. The microwave was splattered with food. Just horrible!

Stayed: July 2014