“Nightmare!”

Ranked #118 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Tampa, Florida
“Nightmare!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

It saddens me to even has to give this dump one star. We booked a room at the Stars Rest Inn last minute,after looking at the pictures we thought it would be descent. Oh how wrong we were! I don't know where this photos were taken,but this hotel looks nothing like them. The room was filthy,all of the light bulbs were out. I could have dealt with that,however I could NOT deal with the prostitutes and drug addicts roaming the parking lot at all hours of the night and day. I felt very unsafe here. We booked the room for 2 nights and left early in the morning on our first night. The owner was at the front desk and checked us out,she was so rude and nasty. Needless to say we will NEVER be returning to this crack hotel,I strongly advise you to steer clear as well.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Renee G
Hi Renee G,

I'm very sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our management strongly values guest satisfaction, comfort, safety, and cleanliness. I want to personally ensure you of our mission to do so and I encourage you to give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
High Springs, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I spent the night last night at the Stars Rest Inn. Reading all these reviews I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel. If you want the Hilton than go there. If you want a reasonable room than this is ur place. The room wasn't glamorus but far from what others have made it sound. The price $35 a night.. no charge for parking.. free wifi....great bar that rocks on the site.. You can drink and no worries on driving home. Yes there are some things that could easily be done for aesthetic value but for your money this is the place..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank taadaa12000
Dev S, Manager at Stars Rest Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hi taadaa12000. Thank you for staying with us! We are pleased to have served you well. We hope you will continue to choose us at the Star's Rest Inn!
Minooka, Illinois
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Do not stay here!! They put you in the contractors area. rooms were dirty, chairs stained, sinks broke . Just a poorly maintained hotel. Thugs yelling outside your door, climbing on running board of our truck!! Tried to get our money back & leave. Did not feel safe here!! Had to change rooms & really didn't get much better. Had stayed here a year or so ago & won't ever stay. Down hill bad!!

Room Tip: Only tip for a good room is FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KT2325
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The cleaning service do a good job. They will help you if you need something. The rooms seem to be getting better as far as the bugs go. All the rooms could use some carpet fresh.
My last review was complaints of noisy,smelly, roach and roach egg infested urine stench.
They have gotten better.
Williams Café is a great place to eat located in the lobby.

Room Tip: At the Star Rest Inn is Williams Café. The best breakfast and hamburger's in town. Hands down th...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your positive review! We are continuing in our mission to offer full guest satisfaction. We hope to maintain your continued business! Thanks for choosing us!
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have had to stay in several different rooms there. The rooms are filthy, smelly,moldy,filled with bugs, the door locks don't work most of the time. Seedy doesn't quite cover what the Star Rest Inn really is.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Safo2
Reviewed 5 May 2011

The rooms smell very bad, there are tiny little bugs that resemble fleas on the bed and sink. I killed on that was on me and apparently it was drinking my blood.
The shower has crappy pressure and goes from hot to cold and back again.
All around it was an awful experience.

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank monstaar
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I 've never been in a hotel so dirty, at a price so high. 59 & change is way to much to pay for this scary place. Couldn't find a clean room, even though the place was not busy. It reminded me of a place we stopped at on a road trip years ago & the woman dangling the cigarette behind the desk wanted to know how many HOURS we wanted the room for. As for recommending it to a friend - I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business