Stars Rest Inn
Budget Inn(Jacksonville)
Jax-American Motel(Jacksonville)
Hospitality Inn(Jacksonville)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Waited 30 minutes in the parking lot for them to "find a room" when we had reserved the room a week prior. The "nonsmoking" room that they "found" reeked of cigarette smoke, had old, torn carpet and burns all over the furniture. Witnessed two escorts going into rooms near ours (and we did have children with us). Immediately asked for a refund. Only good thing was they did refund our money. If you have no other choice I guess you could sleep here overnight but I would never.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dev S, Manager at Stars Rest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello L H,

Our apologies for the wait time. Our new management staff aims to ensure the highest room satisfaction within the least amount of check-in time. We also have a very strict on-site mobile security team with 24/7 continuous monitoring of our 45 cameras' system. Proper measures will be taken to set the course right.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It saddens me to even has to give this dump one star. We booked a room at the Stars Rest Inn last minute,after looking at the pictures we thought it would be descent. Oh how wrong we were! I don't know where this photos were taken,but this hotel looks nothing like them. The room was filthy,all of the light bulbs were out. I could have dealt with that,however I could NOT deal with the prostitutes and drug addicts roaming the parking lot at all hours of the night and day. I felt very unsafe here. We booked the room for 2 nights and left early in the morning on our first night. The owner was at the front desk and checked us out,she was so rude and nasty. Needless to say we will NEVER be returning to this crack hotel,I strongly advise you to steer clear as well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renee G

Hi Renee G,

I'm very sorry to hear of your negative experience. Our management strongly values guest satisfaction, comfort, safety, and cleanliness. I want to personally ensure you of our mission to do so and I encourage you to give us another chance.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I spent the night last night at the Stars Rest Inn. Reading all these reviews I wonder if we stayed at the same hotel. If you want the Hilton than go there. If you want a reasonable room than this is ur place. The room wasn't glamorus but far from what others have made it sound. The price $35 a night.. no charge for parking.. free wifi....great bar that rocks on the site.. You can drink and no worries on driving home. Yes there are some things that could easily be done for aesthetic value but for your money this is the place..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank taadaa12000

Hi taadaa12000. Thank you for staying with us! We are pleased to have served you well. We hope you will continue to choose us at the Star's Rest Inn!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Do not stay here!! They put you in the contractors area. rooms were dirty, chairs stained, sinks broke . Just a poorly maintained hotel. Thugs yelling outside your door, climbing on running board of our truck!! Tried to get our money back & leave. Did not feel safe here!! Had to change rooms & really didn't get much better. Had stayed here a year or so ago & won't ever stay. Down hill bad!!

Room Tip: Only tip for a good room is FIND ANOTHER HOTEL!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KT2325
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The cleaning service do a good job. They will help you if you need something. The rooms seem to be getting better as far as the bugs go. All the rooms could use some carpet fresh.
My last review was complaints of noisy,smelly, roach and roach egg infested urine stench.
They have gotten better.
Williams Café is a great place to eat located in the lobby.

Room Tip: At the Star Rest Inn is Williams Café. The best breakfast and hamburger's in town. Hands down the best. Best rooms would be inside away from the trucks and traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your positive review! We are continuing in our mission to offer full guest satisfaction. We hope to maintain your continued business! Thanks for choosing us!