“Needs new rug and terrible coffee and nothing else”
Review of Stars Rest Inn

Stars Rest Inn
Ranked #119 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Jacksonville, fl
“Needs new rug and terrible coffee and nothing else”
Reviewed 5 April 2009

This Days Inn at Donalsonville, Ga was the worse when it come to coffee. Days Inn at Clayton, Ga had begals, cereal, orange juice, fruit etc, but still lousy coffee. But this Days Inn was the worst. Just white Bread and orange just, some cereal. There is a Hardee's down the street, which had good service and coffee. They also need to change the rug.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Florida
Reviewed 2 April 2009

The location was right where I needed to be, but I was a bit concerned after reading all the other reviews on here, so I called the hotel and asked them what was up with all the negative reviews. They told me they had recently been renovated and were under new ownership. They said the old reviews were several years old (after checking again, I noticed this was indeed correct, most of the reviews I saw dated back to 2005). Anyways, I decided to roll the dice and made a reservation. Paid $69. Was well impressed with the room, I must have got a renovated one, because everything was brand new. Good breakfast, clean lobby, the staff were cool, and great bar onsite too. All in all I was a happy camper and will definitely come back here again next time I am in town. Two thumbs up ~ more if I had more thumbs!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaiszen
Reviewed 25 July 2005

I seen the place online thought it was great by the pictures. In real life it is the most gross place there is. The room we had, had the wrost smell. So I got another room it was dirty. I went to the manager and told them that I was not staying. I had a 3 month baby with me and there was no way I would even let my dog stay in this hotel. I did not even care if they made me pay for the night being it was booked online I wanted the hell out of there. It was in the wrost part of the city it looked like. I decided to take a chance and drive 30 min out of my way to stay at the Jacksonville Beach. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach and it was well wroth the extra money after seeing that hotel. I could not give Holiday Inn a better THANK YOU for saving my trip. Do not stay at Days Inn. I was scared to even take my shoes off.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

altoona
Reviewed 7 June 2005

Stayed during the Daytona 500 for 2 days. Was closest hotel to Daytona with a room, now I know why. Dirty and smelly. Beautiful outside, but inside was a mess. Bathroom disgusting and moldy. Water smelled like raw sewage, was afraid to get in my mouth while showering. Complained to manager, he said that it was just Florida water...I don't think so. Breakfast was just coffee and dounuts and don't try to sit down to eat, food is on a small table by the managers desk. Bed was hard and covers were threadbare. There was no elevator to our room. We had to climb 2 flights of stairs with our bags to the room. I received several e-mails from Days Inn requesting that I give them a review of my stay, so I did and I did not receive any kind of response. Spend your money elsewhere

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank ledmo4798
Reviewed 2 June 2005

We were down for a family event and had several rooms reserved, everyone had to leave this dirt hole and go across the way to ramada- we stayed because there were no more rooms left at ramada. It to the manager to show us 3 rooms before we even felt safe to lay on the bed.
Room 1- the bathtub was urine stained and looked like it hasn't been scrubbed in ages, mold on the curtains, and the carpet sticky-
Room 2- walked in with manager and she immediately turned around and closed the door and said no,
room 3- heather- the manager says she will put us in an unfinished room we step in bathroom had no mold on curtain but tub stained, bed sheets had holes in them but did not smell- TV not hooked up because room unfinished- we finally just settled on this one from exhaustion. the swimming pool was cloudy-

for the rate they charge I felt ripped off- I could not believe Days inn would put their name on this hotel- Do not stay here- no room is clean!!!

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 2 December 2004

This may be a decent hotel.. the grounds look to be kept well.. but Lane Ave. is a very seedy area with very seedy motels. It isn't surprising to hear of drug busts and prostitution rings at Lane Ave. motels... The Super 8 was closed by the city of Jacksonville for being a such a problem. Other motels close by are Budget Inn, Economy Inn, Valu-Lodge, and Diamond Inn if that tells you anything about the area, stay away!

Stay at a hotel in the Southpoint area (J.T.Butler Blvd off of I-95), Baymeadows area, dowtown, the beaches, or airport.. all of which are very clean, new, and safe areas of the metro area in the city.

8 Thank BizTraveler
Reviewed 29 November 2003

Friendly staff, good clean rooms, and great location makes this place a smart stop during FL/GA weekend. I already called and booked for next year.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member