“Very budget friendly but be aware of pets”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Decatur, Georgia
“Very budget friendly but be aware of pets”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here during Memorial Day weekend. Rooms were very spacious and recently updated. I had a king suite located on the 5th floor. Upon arrival I noticed the room was located directly next to the elevator. Fortunately I did not hear any noise from the elevator. Very good location right off of Butler Avenue and I-95. Enjoyed going to Cracker Barrel next door but didnt enjoy the walk to get there. The common grass area is littered with dog poop, gross! During my stay there was a power failure so I was without AC for a few hours. It would have been nice for the front desk to acknowledge the inconvenience. Overall it was a very decent stay for the money, but I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This La Quinta is nicely located near I95 and reasonably priced for the quality of the room. The room was clean and everything worked. One note here on the toilets on the 5th floor. They are startling loud when they are flushed and it is easy to hear them from other rooms so be prepared. The staff was responsive at check in but not very interested in responding to the noise at 11pm in the rooms and hallways. I understand that they can not totally control the behavior of the "guests" but a nicer response to our complaints of running and yelling in the hallways would have been appreciated. Eventually the noise died down and I will give the staff the benefit of the doubt that they took care of the problem but it took a while. There is a reasonable continental breakfast in the morning but I have one request. Please provide larger coffee cups. That helps when you are taking it up to your room (sorry but the stuff you have in the coffee makers in the rooms is awful). Now I am not trying to nitpick this property too harshly and I know that on a different night we might have had a quieter experience so I will end with this. It was clean, safe, convenient and reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pkrchrds
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My vehicle was struck in the middle of the night by another guest but the hotel staff was more than helpful and accommodating regardless of their signs posted saying that they were not responsible for damages. The hotel itself was an excellent value and SUPER clean. OUTSTANDING customer service!!!

• Stayed June 2014
AKNYrican
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Clean, and comfy. Staff was friendlyl and accommodating. Pet Friendly! Pool is small, but if you're not going for the pool then it's a great place to stay. Breakfast is included, great variety. Cracker Barrell is next door for dinner is great.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I did a thorough search on hotels in Jacksonville and I came across a ton of horror stories and photos from users about other hotels in the area. I've stayed at La Quinta twice before in other states and I had a good experience so I decided to give them another try since user reviews of this one in Jacksonville were good. When I first arrived I was checked in promptly but the room was on the first floor right next to the pool so it was noisy. The front-desk attendent promptly set me up with another room on the third floor. The elevator smelled of burt electrical wires which made me nervous but I couldn't smell it on the 2nd day there. The room was very clean and the bed, bed sheets, and pillows were AMAZINGLY comfy! I don't even thing "amazingly" is a word but it's the only one that I could think of to describe the comfort of the bed.
The location is just a short distance from the highway exit but if you miss the turn into the street that the hotel is on be prepared for a long journey back as there are no U-turns and you have to get back on an interstate only to get off again and hope that you nail your turn in time. Very confusing.
I didn't give this a full 5 stars because the breakfast included in the stay is very bland. Bagels, cereal, hard boiled eggs and sour oranges. The coffee tasted like dirt mixed with water. I wish they offered scrambled egges and sausage links or bacon. Then, that would be the icing on the cake. They definitely need to step up the quality of their coffee.
Overall, comfort and cleanliness are always most important, and for that, I will definitely choose La Quinta again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Camilla, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Overall this hotel is very reasonable price and also in a safe area. It is very well cared for and clean. My only problem was with pets waste on the front side walk area. I will say the pool was clean the jacuzzi was clean and well heated. Overall I am pleased with the price and the room.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2014

we had driven from Pittsburgh pa to Jacksonville fl. arrived at the La Quinta earlier than we expected arrived at 730 am way before check in, we had to be somewhere at 200 pm . the asst. manager Chip Robinson loaned us a room to freshen up and take a nap before our room was ready, so we can be ready for our meeting at 200 pm . this has never happened to us at a motel ever , La Quinta is our hotel of choice thanks again chip we will be back . and we will always use La Quinta. everyone was very freindly