La Quinta Inn & Suites Jacksonville Butler Blvd
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
north carolina
“Loved it”
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta from Dec. 31-Jan. 2 for the Gator Bowl and the staff was awesome. They were helpful with directions and shuttle information. The room was good size and very clean. The beds were also comfortable. I have stayed at other LaQuintas and had reservations about staying here but I would stay here again. It was a great value.!! The location was 8 miles from downtown and it was a straight shot so it was easy to get around downtown Jacksonville.

• Liked — VERY CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE BEDS
  • Disliked — POOL WAS NOT OPEN DUE TO PROBLEMS
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
British Columbia
Reviewed 3 June 2008

Just fine for our last night in Florida before we flew out the next day. Nice bed, nicely decorated, but a few minor missed items by housekeeping, e.g. no shampoo, lamp bulb didn't work.

• Stayed April 2008
Isle of Wight U.K
Reviewed 1 November 2007

We flew on 13th October 07 and stayed for 2 weeks. The place was clean and friendly. If you want a fridge/microwave, they will put one in the room for you (no extra cost).
The area itself is great, everything there and the main interstate is 5 mins away were you can travel east to the cost (25mins) or straight down to Orlando (2.5hrs). Will definately go back as it's not a touristy as Orlando and the people are so friendly, they can't do enough for you.

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 October 2007

This is a beautiful hotel. I can't say anything bad about it ... employees were great, room was beautifully decorated and beds were comfortable. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2007
Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2007

Three nights here June 8/9/10. Had a little difficulty finding the hotel. Our mapquest directions were out of date! However got on to interstate and found it with no bother. Had passed within about half a mile of it three times previously! However, it was well worth looking for. Chaecked in in seconds. A request for toothpaste and shampoo was filled immediately. A evening request for milk for tea saw us allowed access the treasure trove that was the breakfast store. Pleasant staff, clean room, confortable bed, near plenty of restuarants.

• Stayed June 2007
South South Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2007

My family and I are in the process of moving overseas with our two dogs. As the airlines do not permit dogs when temeperatures on the ground are over 85 degrees, it was necessary for me to drive them from Washington, DC, to Miami in a rented van. I was searching for an overnight location before Miami and settled on Jacksonville. Next step was to find a hotel that accepted pets, was reasonably priced, and close to the Interstate. I bought the AAA guide and was checking the reviews out on Trip Advisor when I came across the La Quinta page. In my life, La Quinta has always had a mixed reputation. I've always associated it with the less-than-desirable locations in the country and was a bit hesitant about it. But the reviews were positive, the photos were nice, and the price was cheap. So I booked it. Long story short, I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with my experience here, with only a few minor complaints. The hotel is RIGHT off the highway which is great for me this morning as I drive out the front entrance and in 2 minutes I'm back on the road. It is set back in a brand new office park development of other hotels with ponds and sidewalks and is rather secluded for being so close to the highway. There are a ton of fast food joints and gas stations within walking distance, but only 2 low end restaurants (Applebee's and Cracker Barrel). The rooms are clean and solid - in that kind of renovated, concrete under the carpet, Florida way. The mattress was a bit firm at first, but I slept like a champ. The pool looks very inviting, though I didn't have time to take advantage of it. Free one night internet service in the hotel room (from which I'm writing this review) and I did not hear any noises last night from the other guests. All and all, for $64 a night, you'd have a hard time beating this hotel. My dogs especially enjoyed the long walk I was able to take them on around the hotel complex where they delighted in scaring the turtles sunning themselves on the banks of one of the numerous man-made ponds in the development. Here's the only bad news: Like many hotels, they appear to be short staffed. There was no maid in the hotel after 5 PM, so when I called to request extra towels, I was brusquely told that the receptionist was alone at the front desk and wouldn't be able to bring them to me for at least an hour. When I told her I'd be happy to come down and pick up the towels myself, she hung up the phone on me before we finished our conversation. Maybe she thought it was over, but she acted like she was doing me a favor instead of the other way around. When I went to pick up some extra towels, I had to wait for 5 minutes in a growing line of people waiting to check in because there wasn't a single person at the front desk. When my turn in line finally arrived and I told her I was there for the towels, she said that she was mistaken and that the maid had not left her any extras and that she just had to put some in the dryer. Luckily another customer gave me two of his, otherwise I'd have been SOL. The final straw was when I was trying to go to bed and there were still people being loud in the pool right outside my 2nd floor window at 10:10 PM. I called the front desk to ask what time the pool closed and was told 10 PM. I informed the girl that there were still people in the pool and she said she'd get to it when she got to it as she was the only one there and was busy with other things. Now, this girl was very nice and very pleasant at check in, but in my opinion her customer service skills could have used a brush up. Granted, she was the only one at the hotel and could not immediately attend to my requests, but the manner in which she addressed my concerns left something to be desired. Instead of saying something like, "Well, I'm the only one here right now so I'll get to it when I can," a more subtle response might be preferable. The other more obvious solution is to spend the extra money to have the hotel manned by more than one person. On the whole, however, I'd rate this experience about an 8/10. For the price and location, the inconveniences might be worth it.

J.R.

• Stayed June 2007
1 Thank Dewclaw
Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 June 2007

Stayed here for one night on our way to a Cruise in Ft. Lauderdale. I wish we could have stayed longer. They have very clean, spacious rooms, with comfortable beds. The whole hotel looks immaculate, the grounds are beautifully kept and the pool area is very nice. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door. Booked this through La Quinta's website for only $55 a night, it was a very good deal. Would love to go back.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family