“Lipstick on a Pig”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Ranked #43 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Looks like one of the newer Holiday Inns, but renovations haven't been done inside. Rooms are small, breakfast area is small, tubs are small, beds are small. Air conditioning loud and thermostat doesn't work correctly.

Staff could use some training in basic customer service. Check-in desk employee was more interested in watching whatever was on TV behind the wall then getting my room correct or giving me any information at all on the property.

On the plus side: Location was easy to find and the mini-fridge worked great and was a good size.

Better hotels in the area, go a couple more exits on the highway and find one.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am a gold Priority member as was disappointed with the desk staff. I wasn't asked to upgrade to a suite and I always am in Holiday Inns. It was early in the afternoon too. Will stay elsewhere if there again.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel that the front desk have personality and a desire to help you. This fron...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
RiinaK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

I am sorry to hear that we did not have an upgrade available at the time of your travels. We do always appreciate our Priority Club Members and try to accomodate everybody to their needs. I sure hope you continue your travels with Holiday Inn Brands.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Holiday Inn Express has been my favorite for two years. The personnel was very helpful, rooms very clean, and the location was superb-right off the interstate. I will continue to book reservations with this chain-I'm never disappointed. Good Job Guys!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Plzd
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I actually call this home because I work in the area. The staff & management are friendly & courteous. They keep the grounds & property very clean. I love the rooms with a kitchenette & full size refrigerator. I would recommend all who want to stay at a friendly place at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Make sure you have transportation to get around.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Audie H

Thank you so much for your loyalty. We surely appreciate your business and are glad that you call us home.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

The hotel and room were clean; the environment was quiet and restful. The location is convenient to I-95, but not the city or beaches. I will likely be staying here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 20 November 2011

We arrived late about 11pm and tired. It was my birthday weekend and to my surprise the staff congraulated me on arrival I though that was so nice of them to remember.The room they had on hold for me was not the one I wanted. They immediatly change it and gave me a welcome gift bag for being a P.C. member. The staff was so nice, I had a nice stay. Thanks..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Nothing particularly wrong with this hotel, just nothing particularly outstanding either. Staff was helpful, location was good. Property is starting to show some signs of age and will soon, if not already, need a refurbishing. Fairly clean, no real complaints, just starting to look a little shopworn.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business