“As always, An outstanding hotel chain and this one is on the top of that list!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South
Ranked #41 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Just off I-95, super clean, comfortable room, the staff are some of the best I've ever dealt with, very friendly, extremely helpful and super accommodating! I am just ending a four night stay here with my 81 year young mother. Mayo Clinic is nearby and we have been here for her appointments this week. Everything has been nothing short of phenomenal from the time we arrived. The front desk gave us a free upgrade to a suite so my mom would have a little extra room. We had one very minor cleanliness issue which was taken care of immediately and much to my surprise they discounted our first night 50% because of it. The breakfast every morning is good. Nothing fantastic but there are always biscuits and gravy, eggs, breakfast meats, grits, fresh made pancakes, hot cinnamon buns, cereals, both hot and cold, breads, etc... They even gave us a late checkout for tomorrow morning due to my mom's early appointment so we could come back afterward and pack up rather than rush around early in the AM. Holiday Inns always rock in my book but this one goes above and beyond any others!!! We will be back.

Room Tip: My restaurant rating was for the breakfast as there is no actual restaurant. My Room Service rating...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Good location, close to I 95. Room cleanliness is above par, friendly staff and comfortable beds. Breakfast was fresh and well presented. Room was very well appointed and the price is very reasonable. I stay here several times a year on business and always leave satisfied.

Room Tip: If you are an IHG member they always offer upgrades.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Came in early from Orlando. My husband is working here for the weekend. Staff accommodated me and my two kids and persistantly asked if I needed help because my hands were full. Great experience! Everything was clean and breakfast was good. Such a great value.

• Stayed: January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I will stay at this hotel again. Very clean, LARGER rooms, friendly staff. Great option when in town!
Checkin was a breeze, I always use my IHG rewards to get awesome perks such as upgrades, etc. they upgraded me to a suite which had a wet bar and living area. Pretty nice for holiday inn.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The bathrooms could be a little more user friendly, the bathtub is tight and door will not close over towel, small things but annoying.
The location was easy to get to and close to my meetings.
Overall the hotel was nice and comfortable.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear K U,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that our location, accommodations and staff were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the bathrooms. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Courtesy employees clean hotel room everything you expect it to be. Another holiday in express experience that was pleasant which keeps me coming back to stay at Holiday inn express. I plan on returning to this hotel and staying whenever in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The room was clean but when we went downstairs to eat breakfast at 9:10 they said they stopped putting food out at 9:00 even though service went through 9:30. The table was dirty and we had to clean off others plates. The breakfast lady said she did not put food out after 9:00 because then she would be here until 10 or 10:30. She then turned off the dining room lights over the food. We had to go elsewhere to feed our family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RiinaK, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Ms. Amy G. Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for your inconvenience during your resent stay. I want to assure you that is not our standard and there is no excuse for this happening. I have spoken to the breakfast host and provided her with extra training to make sure this will never occur again.
Again, my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that your family went thru.
Riina King