“Beautiful, Immaculate, Friendly!”

Ranked #54 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful, Immaculate, Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2006

We usually stay in Hyatt, Marriot, or other 5 to 6 star hotels when we go on vacations. However, our clients had booked this hotel for us and we were apprehensive about it. We arrived and found a quaint and welcoming hotel! The staff was so sweet and friendly! There were fresh warm cookies in packets on the desk, a basket of fresh apples and a jar of candies. There was a desk with FREE internet. A lovely dining area with TV, a stack of today's newspapers and lovely carpeting. The morning breakfasts are wonderful! Bagels, muffins, cereals, fruits, coffes, juices..ec etc etc..a smiling woman is there constantly making sure everything is clean and things are filled. Our first floor rooms were spacious and ohh so sparkling clean! They have the famous Kohler showerhead! Beds were very comfy and there was NO noise at all. We had nice sitting area and a separate sleeping area. I heard the hotel is just 3 years old. There is a Dave and Busters only 5 minutes walking distance and your kids are going to love it! I met the owner of the hotel, Mr. Kish - such a nice gentleman. He kept asking if we were okay and if there is anything he can do to make our stay better. I do not find this kind of treatment anywhere else especially by an owner. We will always stay here and HIGHLY recommend this place!

Mr. and Mrs. Haines (minkumahal@aol.com)

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2005

Pricey yet cheap accomodations. Pricey in terms of the rate. Cheap as in terms of the quality. We did not enjoy our stay in the least bit. The rooms were old, dirty, and noisy. Try something else if you want a peacefull night of sleep.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2005

I enjoyed my stay here. I had a nice corner room that was clean and spacious with a nice-sized bathroom. The hotel was very clean with a nice lobby and areas for sitting. The bed was also quite comfortable. Big bonus for me was that I came in late afternoon and was starving; I was quite excited to walk in and see complimentary apples and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. I'd stay here again.

BTW, a company arranged my stay so I don't know if that would have something to do with the difference between my room and first reviewer's room.

• Stayed December 2004, travelled on business
1 Thank kayT28
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2004

Unfortunately, staying at this hotel was not my choice. There were many things that were not acceptable about this hotel and even after bringing it to management's attention, the issues were not resolved.

The first night I was there, I folded my sheets back to get into bed and they were so sheer, you could see the pink blanket behind the top sheet and there were holes throughout the sheet.

The second night, someone two rooms down from mine was busted using pot. Additionally, while walking around the room barefoot, I felt something under the edge of my bedspread. I figured it was something I had dropped and bent over to pick it up, only to discover it was a dried up, used oral tobacco packet!

Lastly, for business travellers without a laptop, this is NOT the place to visit as internet access in your room is free, but the "Business Center" computer charges you a fee to you their internet access?????

3 Thank OBXGirl_00