“I find all Extended Stays comfortable and welcoming”

Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
Ranked #97 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Red Bank, New Jersey, United States
“I find all Extended Stays comfortable and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I like the convenience of Extended Stay and everyone at this location has been welcoming and very helpful. I just moved here from NJ. They are very nice to see in the morning and get a hi, how are you today Maam. I also stayed at an Extended Stay in NJ, that is why I chose this Hotel.
This hotel is clean, happy and very friendly.
If you are worried about bugs, don't, buy the way, you are in Florida, you walk outside and see lizards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I love them because they love my dogs!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Suzi - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and property. It is great to know that you have found your accommodations to be clean and our staff to be friendly.

Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I hope that you continue to enjoy you stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

To just jump into this review we had discovered tiny little red bugs on the bad jumping all over the place, plumbing was horrible, the bathroom lock was missing, the iron wasn't working properly, breakfast was poor. As long as I live and walk upon this planet, I will indeed not stay at this location ever again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank StylishKutz13

Travellers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

ljackson97
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Here is the good - it is dirt cheap! if you are strictly out to lay your head down for a night on the ultra cheap, this'll barely do. It is quiet at night. I didn't hear kids running up and down the halls. The A/C worked well and lastly the staff that I have encountered seem friendly.

The bad - it's old and busted. It did not seem clean. The bathroom was horrendous. The furniture was beat up and rickety. The comforter had stains. We found an empty diet cola 2 liter bottle under the bed. The floor was stained. The cheap desk chair was stained. The wifi is free but to get hi speed Internet through the free wifi you have to pay a premium. Why would I want free wifi without hi speed Internet access?? It's a crappy trick. Basically what has happened is that extended stay hotels bought every run down hotel across the country, put out a new logo sign and called it a day.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank ljackson97
new orleans, louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

First off, the hotel is located in a very nice area with a bunch of other hotels. The room was OK, nothing special. Good for one night. Cheap price on Hotwire. The grab and go breakfast was not much. Like I said it could have been worse.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Room was not clean or ready for occupancy. Bathroom door lock was not operational.
Undergarments were found in dresser draws.
Roaches were found on top of kitchen cabinet top.
Beer bottles were found underneath beds.
Overall cleanliness was very poor.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It upsets me to hear that your room was not clean and that the the bathroom door lock did not work. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed our cleaniness standards with the staff, using your review as an example for where to look and how thorough we need to be, in order to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please contact me, at jbb@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

*** STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY and HELPFUL ***
I just want to commend the staff for their extraordinary service and Mr. Eastering (Hotel Manager).
Mr. Easterling, the Hotel Manager was awesome, I had a couple of issues with my reservations, but thanks to him they all were taken care of before we arrived. I was suprised, as I was checking in, he remembered my name from our emails. Room was very clean and the location was excellent. The Hotel shares its location with some rather more expensive properties such as Marriot Courtyard and Fairfield by Marriot and also a Redroof Inn and another Extended Stay (Which costs more), and others..The outside of our Hotel stood comparison with these other Hotels, and the grounds are nicely landscaped. Would we stay here again? Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes ... See you next year .. same time !!!! I rated poor for the pool size / very good restaurant close to hotel location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and myself, our guest rooms, and the overall location of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you at the same time next year!

Brecon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here on the 29th March 2013 for 4 nights. We were in Room 111, a ground floor studio with Double bed.
Inside there is more a feel of a hostel, and although not that shabby, the whole place could do wit a lick of paint. The receptionist was splendid - cheery, helpful and welcoming which made feel very welcome indeed. The "Hostel" approach continues in that there is no daily room service (Although available as an extra -we didn't ask how much), and Breakfast is a "Grab n' go" coffee muffins and snack bars (No OJ though and nowhere to sit)
Our room which was quite small, but clean enough, came with a large fridge/freezer (No Ice Machine either!), microwave and two burner hob. Sufficient pans and dishes (Well a large frying pan and medium saucepan) to make a simple meal (Which we did) and plates, knives and forks -so nice to use metal utensils in an hotel.
We chose this hotel as being 4 weeks into this trip, I needed to cook some ethnic food (We're from Wales UK) and for that purpose this suited us to a Tee.
Our room was well insulated from both internal and external noise which was a big bonus being so close to a busy road. The TV, a modern flat screen type had about 10 channels and more than half were sports, although it did have Showtime and Showtime Two to save us Visitors not into your strange sports.
Would we stay here again? Well we would chose to stay again in another Extended Stay, so yes -a nice stay for our first experience of this product.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple