Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East
Ranked #97 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Place was dirty and smelled like mildew. The room was the same, the walls are very thin and seem like people were fighting on both sides of me. The breakfast bar! It sucked, they put out the worst bananas that they could possibly find. I mean they had no business putting these things out. The staff never stayed at their desk, so you had to wait 10mins for them. Save your money and stay some place else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 July 2014

First impression was ok then when I checked into my room it was stayable looked nice n clean but later that night I killed 2 roaches 1 was crawling on my pillow another on the night stand this was at 330am I killed them then was afraid of what else might crawl so I didn't get a good nights rest then when I got up at 6am another roach in the bathtub as I checled out I told the Front desl clerk to have her supervisor contact me also not to mention all threw the night it was loud people walking n talking slamming doors I went there for 1 night cause my ac went out dont think I will ever return end result supervisor gave me only half of my money back I would think if a guest had roaches crawling in there room you should pay nothing front desk clerk I asked him 3x for an ironing board he took 3hrs I wish it would've been better rooms or reasonable but just did not have a good experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed there for a couple nights, staff was on point. Had a great experience will be returning. Home from home. Ms Judy,Kim,George,Sammie & The Staff Were Very Nice,Helpful and very professional all of them deserve praise.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff is excellent. Convenient to I-95. Grab and go breakfast in the mornings. Large room, kitchenette with dishes. Staying here for 13wks on business, very pleased. Will return here when I come back to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: No pool at this motel but you have access to the other extended stay pool just around the corner
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The staff were very kind and accommodating; however, the hotel was covered in mold and bugs in the rooms. The linens appeared to be soiled and I would not recommend staying there to anyone. The exterior looks fabulous, though.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Battletaxi
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our level of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please know, I’m working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is very important to us. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

In a office-park-like setting surrounded by at least four other hotel extended stay chains. Outside looks good, check-in staff was friendly; the hallway leading to our room was stiff with dirt. Inside the room, no blanket on bed, got several from the front desk with cigarette holes in them before I found one satisfactory. Rust on refrigerator, no ironing pad on ironing board. Carpet in room so dirty my white socks were black in no time and had to wear shoes in walking around the room. "Grab and Go" breakfast VERY limited in variety; guess this is why you can grab it and go with one hand.

It seemed to us from looking at the vehicles in the parking lot, that this hotel was favored by teams of men installing racks or attending to some project, carrying lots of food into the hotel which probably explains the other reviews comments about roaches and the fact that the exterminator was working when we arrived. My only favorable observation was the front desk staff, who tried valiantly to display a helpful attitude.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Lenoir Avenue East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Your feedback regarding our overall accommodations is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

There were roaches and ants in my first room therefore I had to switch rooms twice. The only good part was the staff was pleasant. If I knew it would be that bad I would've paid extra money and stayed somewhere nicer. The distant was not too bad from the conference I was attending so not complaints there.

• Stayed: April 2014