“Updates to property are very nice.”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #60 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Martin, Georgia
“Updates to property are very nice.”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We stayed here for one night on May 27th while traveling down to Orlando for a family vacation. We have stayed here once before but there have been updates since our last visit. The updates to the rooms were very nice and gave the feel of a newer hotel and the hotel was very clean as we remembered. The staff was very friendly. Overall a very nice and clean place to stay.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a little more room to move around choose a room with a pull out sofa. It...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MLBG582

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2013

The Courtyard Marriott is the perfect hotel for pairing with Mayo Clinic. While staying at The Courtyard I had to make an emergency run to ER and was subsequently admitted to Mayo hospital for five days. When I called the hotel requesting to leave my vehicle on the property for an indefinite period , Mr. David Mason, General Manager, was beyond kindness, even offering any services they might provide me during my stay in Mayo hospital.

Also, the Front Desk personnel, especially Melissa Gassien, were warm and welcoming, going out of their way to meet my needs as a guest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We arrived late in the evening and only spent one night, so we didn't have a chance to use the amenities at the property. My husband is Gold in the Marriott Rewards program, but he did not ask if there was an upgrade available since we were staying just one night. We will be back at the property this summer and since we're staying several nights, and I'm Platinum Premier, we'll see if they have an upgrade available. Our room was right next to the elevator, so I was concerned that we would hear it all night and not get any sleep. I was surprised in that we did not hear the elevator at all. The property has been updated and everything was in working order in the room. There was ample free parking, and WiFi is complimentary as well. There are a couple of computers off the lobby that you can use to print out your boarding pass. Property is not too far from Mayo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ardsley on Hudson, NY
Reviewed 12 May 2013

for on-off 95 travel. We spend here for just one night drink home after long Florida trip- Typical Courtyard- clean, well kept- nothing special but good value for money and convenience- not a Hotel to "vacation" at but to travel through= average breakfast and other facilities

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed at three different Courtyards in the same week in the Jax/St Aug area and of the three this was definitely lacking. The staff was friendly but the hotel definitely has some age on it. I was really shocked that they didn't even offer complimentary coffee in the lobby. I know you can get Starbucks at the bistro but but not being a huge fan of extra strong $3.50/cup coffee, I prefer the Courtyard coffee. I thought to myself that I would just go back to my room and make a cup only to find that I had one packet of decaf and no condiments. The room also has no microwave or fridge. I guess this CY is determined to make their Bistro succeed. The bed was also not up to Marriott standards and the workout room was fairly small with only two treadmills and some free weights.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fairfield Bay, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very close and convenient to Mayo if you are a family member of a patient. Excellent restaurant in the property. Just an outstanding staff in all departments, Staff is cheerful,helpful,and very accommodating. Only negative is that the property needs to be seriously updated. The rooms are definitely showing a need for updates,decor, noisy heat and air, but remain clean and acceptable.

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for your comments in regards to the staff. We like hearing what our guest have to say about the hotel. I will look in to the AC units and check for the noise. Thank you so much for passing on that information. We would look forward to the opportunity to host you next time you are in Jacksonville.
VERO
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Shannon & Tracy are the best!! They made our stay the most pleasurable ever......The entire hotel is CLEAN, nice, fresh, from the moment we walked in the front door-to our room, gym, pool and lobby bathroom. The staff was so nice and everyone greets you with a smile. We'll make it a point to stay at this Courtyard when in Jacksonville. Great job guys.........

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your comments. I have passed your kind words on to Tracy as well. We were both pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and are honored that you took the time to mention us. Don't forget to stop in anytime you are in Jacksonville.