“Confusing to locate but Great and Comfy Stay .”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #61 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
New York City, New York
“Confusing to locate but Great and Comfy Stay .”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My experience in this hotel was "GREAT" from the get go! the Staff and atmosphere once I walked in..... was SO relaxing and inviting... I confess, won't easily forget . Highly Recommend!
Location might be a little confusing, but worth the drive and stress . Limited options when it comes to dinning, but few fast drive through places to eat.

Room Tip: Can't say, nor advice
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you so much for you kind words. Guest feedback is crucial to our business. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I want to apologize for the confusion locating us, but I am so happy you did. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in Jacksonville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight in late January 2014 and enjoyed it. The hotel isin a convenient location, less than 10 minutes from the St. Johns Town Center and right off of I95. The hotel is clean and fairly modern and the hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I hope to see you again, if you travels bring you back to the Jacksonville, FL area.
New York City
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Last week I stayed at the Courtyard Butler Blvd. for the second time in approx a month's time.

The first time was a mixed bag.
Staff was extremely pleasant. Even in the midst of training, the front desk staff was extremely accommodating. Upon checking-in, I asked if they had any larger rooms available as I would be staying for 5 nights, and would like a little more space to spread out. The manager or supervisor (I didn't get a look at her name badge) mentioned a certain room number series and found one available. Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised. As a Platinum member, I've stayed in countless hotel rooms over my status history. The room was spacious with a balcony overlooking the parking lot, adjacent hotel, and...the expressway. So, scratch leaving the door open while there for fresh air. Only other small complaint, no microwave other than the one in the lobby market. I would have liked to have heated up take out that I'd ordered one of the nights without walking down to the lobby. But, that's a small qualm that many others won't necessarily face. The housekeeping staff was also extremely pleasant and accommodating when I would work from my room before heading out for a meeting later in the afternoon. I never had a day that my room wasn't cleaned.

The only glaring negative that this stay had was the issue with the wake up calls. The first 2 nights I had to be up at 4am the following for client support. The first night, my wake up call happened at 12:30am, and that was it. The following morning, I received a call from the girl working the graveyard shift at 4:25, apologizing and stating that she just noticed that her system did not automatically ring my room. The staff the afternoon before had also mentioned the system was having issues, so I mark this as a flaw that the staff did try and accommodate for.

My Second TIme:
Once again, the staff was extremely friendly. I received another room with a balcony (although slightly smaller) that I believe was an upgrade. Having an private exterior extension of the room is always an added plus. I'm not sure if the rooms on the opposite side of the hotel offer balconies as well, but if I stay again, I would ask. Although I don't want to get greedy with my upgrades.

The one glaring negative from my previous stay: Fixed! Wake up calls came in promptly.

Since TripAdvisor requires a time frame between reviews of the same hotel, I've combined my two stays into one review and rated an overall 4/5. This is a wonderful choice for business travelers. Friendly, proactive, conveniently located, excellent wifi. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the expressway
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We really appreciate the feedback given by our guest in an effort to make us the best hotel in Jacksonville. I want to apologize for your not receiving your wake up calls the first time you visited, but I am happy to see the problem was corrected during your second stay. I wanted to let you know we do have balcony rooms on both sides of the hotel and as you are well aware, we are more than happy to upgrade our Platinum guest whenever available. Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Jacksonville, FL.
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

#Jacksonville weekend.......in town for Grammy nominated Jazz Vocalist Maysa Leak's performance at The Ritz Theatre. Our stay was @CourtyardJax the accommodations at the HIGHEST level. Front Desk & Bistro staff COURTEOUS. Room SPOTLESS, and the food AMBROSIAL.

Room Tip: Use tripadvisor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed one night at this property during a business trip. It is located very near I-95 in a safe area, near restaurants and office buildings. I reserved a king room. At check-in, I was not greeted as a Marriott Rewards Platinum member. I am not a snob in this way, but have come to expect this at Marriott properties so I think Marriott might not be happy with the desk clerk. The clerk was nice enough to let me into my room earlier than usual and this I appreciated.

The room itself is an older-style room with tired furnishings and dated carpet. Nothing special at all about the room. I will say that the bed was pretty darn comfortable. The public area and bistro were nice as well.

Not much else to say. A fairly average property in an area where I think there are likely above-average options.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank anybeach4me
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Good courtyard- staff are very courteous...
Close to Cracker Barrel and Applebee's. five minutes down 202 you can go to the town center with tons of shops and a variety of restaraunts. ( Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Bahama Breeze etc)
The spa/ nail salon there is great! 28.00 for a pedicure that took one hour and included a neck massage and a glass of wine.
Great location for business travelers. Only 20 mins to Jacksonville beach.

• Stayed September 2013
College Park, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My head hurts. The room is moldy smelling.

They need to clean the elevator floors.

The Bistro closes early and the advertised coffee times are wrong.

Please change the air filters on the AC it was horrible.

I am highly allergic to mold.

I doubt I would stay here again.

They just seem to except average to easy.

• Stayed September 2013
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
I want to apologize for the challenges you encountered while staying at our hotel. I am very concerned about the "moldy" smell you encountered and would love to correct the problem for future guest. Can you please let me know what room you stayed in while you were here? We offer Starbucks for our coffee in the morning. It is available 15 hours a day. Was it not available for you during your stay? I would love to discuss these items with you further. If you would like to call me and let me know the answers to my questions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.