“Poor customer service”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #63 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The customer service received from the front desk was horrible. Showed up and was just stared at. I told the front desk clerk I reserved online provided her additional information via phone from the Marriott website and she stated the confirmation was too long for this location. After she inputed the confirmation it was proven to be accurate. No apologies just an unwelcoming attitude. Later we requested a late check-out and was told 30mins was the most they could provide. Not to mention calling the front desk a few times just to make contact with someone to make the request. I work at a federal building and was provided feedback from a former employee that stated the service is superb at all Marriotts. The professionalism at this particular location is HORRIBLE pick a different profession if you are unhappy providing good customer service to paying customers. The carpet in the room was stained the beds are uncomfortable nothing spectacular about this particular Marriott and had a unpleasant smell in the hallways enough to make one want to vomit. We actually stayed in Jacksonville another night and booked with the Hyatt near the beach a huge difference.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley0555
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard.

You indicated in your response that the service your received was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a great stay - spending two nights for Florid's Country Superfest. Have no complaints (ok, they ran out of the towels at the pool! woops!) 4th floor. Right next door to Cracker Barrel and Applebee's for eats. A bit of a ride (15 mins) to Everbank field,but still convenient. Oh...and there are no safes in the rooms. Decent experience. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from freeway. I did... And they put us in a room right over the pool. Excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cowboyup
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I want to apologize for running out of towels at the pool. I will definitely assure this is addressed for future stays. I hope it did not inconvenience you too much. We do have safe's available at the Front Desk for guest use. These are available complimentary. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel during the Florida Country Superfest. We enjoyed hosting our guest for this fabulous event in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 3 nights this time and 2 nights at this hotel in April. Even though they were sold out we had a quite stay. Bed was comfortable and the hotel was easy access to shopping, food and travel around town. Close parking and a VERY friendly staff made our stay pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank asm28443
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate your kind words in regards to the staff and will be sure to pass those on to them. I hope that next time you are in Jacksonville you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

The property was nothing special but it was clean. The front desk agents were very courteous and attentive. The location is convenient to i95 and Jacksonville but the lack of sidewalks in the area made my morning run difficult. I would consider staying here again, though.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. I hope next time you are in Jacksonville you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a great experience here. We booked at another hotel nearby and found the king suite to be tiny. Sadly, it felt claustrophobic, dark, and kind of depressing. We were able to change our reservation for our second night to the Courtyard. I was shocked (in a good way!) at the difference when I walked into their king suite. It was very large - both the living area and the bedroom. The room had lots of light and felt clean and new. It was perfect for my family. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were helpful and friendly. I also needed some information from the general manager after we came home, and she was extremely helpful and responded right away, providing the information I needed. Just a great experience all around! I won't even bother to check other hotels in this area on future trips.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank T A R
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us. Guest feedback is important to our continued success. It was my pleasure to get the information you requested. I am happy I was able to help. We are glad to be your home next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We selected the one bedroom king suite,, extremely impressed,, living room and bedroom are separate,, it's like a nice small apartment,, private bedroom with a very comfy king bed, living room has a pullout queen bed set up with chairs and a mini wet bar mini fridge and microwave,, exterior extremely well kept,, would definitely book this room again

Room Tip: Very nice for privacy when you have a child or two with you, bedroom has its own door , dual thermos...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janine B
Jocelyn D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Janine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our suite and found it perfect for your family! We take great pride in our hotel and we're so glad you noticed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Jacksonville!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here overnight on our way to Hilton Head. Staff was very pleasant and room was neat clean and comfortable. We are Marriott Rewards members and the extra amenities we asked for were in the room. Limited dining options but with a little mapping we were not far from several. Staying again on the way home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daustwick
Jocelyn D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear daustwick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review about your recent stay at our property! We love hearing honest feedback from our guests.

I am so glad to see that we met your expectations and the room was ready for you the way you like it. We appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and thank you for choosing us as your preferred travel partner. We always strive to make sure that our Rewards members are taken care of.

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble finding our location. The next time you are heading our way, please feel free to call our hotel and we will be happy to give you directions. I look forward to welcoming you back! Thanks again for stopping by- see you soon!