“Very average, but could be much more with a little TLC”

Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #62 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed 1 August 2014

First the good parts--the staff that I met were all very nice. The front staff was very professional and the Bistro people were very nice and accommodating. The bed was pretty comfortable and I was able to sleep well. It was pretty quiet and relatively close by to good shopping and food options.

Now the not-so-good parts--it's not exactly within walking distance to good food options (the only place nearby was an Applebees). Also, the room had a bit of a musty odor to it. Not enough to really call it out to the front staff, but just enough that it was unpleasant. Maybe a daily refresh with air freshener would help significantly. Also cleanliness seemed to be a little subpar. For instance, the elevator floor looked like it needed recarpeting YEARS ago. Also, the room I had felt a little unclean. (Found a few hair pins on the ground, the bathroom seemed a little off, etc etc)

Overall, it was an okay stay that *could* have been great. The 'bones' of the hotel seem fine--it just needs a good cleaning and some maintenance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I appreciate your kind words in regards to the staff. We are always looking for feedback and ways we can make our hotel more enjoyable for our guest. I will address the issues mentioned so next time you come it will be a great stay. I hope next time you are in Jacksonville you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks while working in the Jacksonville area. The hotel is very nice and the staff is uber-friendly. There is a bistro in the lounge that I was able to get a few vegan choices at (I asked for no chicken). There is also a small convenience section with juices, snacks, and even some meals that you can heat up in the microwave right there.The rooms were a nice size. I had an issue connecting to wifi but called the front desk and was connected to someone who could help me right away.
I only had time to go in the pool once but it was really nice. There were a few kids at that time, though, so some of my companions were a bit annoyed at being splashed. I did not get to use the jaccuzzi.
The location was fabulous- right off Butler Blvd, just north of I95. I went down a few exits to Southside several times to go to the Publix and AAA, not to mention a delicious sub place, Larry's. There was a Starbucks right across Butler from the hotel, which opened at 5am. The bistro in the hotel actually served Sbux coffee but you had to go to the store itself if you wanted a specialty drink. Several of our group frequented the Applebee's and Cracker Barrel that were within walking distance.
There were only things that I did not like here. One was seeing the vent in the bathroom completely covered in dust. The other was that my companion and I showered on Saturday morning, left the area and came back Monday morning- and the towels that were folded up on the racks were damp. I get that hotels are trying to save money and be environmentally friendly (and I'm all for that) but now I wonder how many other towels had been reused- there were some I left on the floor and did not want to use again after they were on the floor! I can't recall if the ones that were damp were hung up or not, but that bothered me. If they are damp, I'm not sure it's a good idea to just fold them and hang them back up?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time ot let us know how we are doing. I also want to thank you for your kind words in regards to the staff. I appreciate the feedback you gave in regards to the cleanliness of our hotel. It will only help us to improve. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay. I hope next time you are in Jacksonville you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

As expected from a Courtyard. Hotel is older but is completely updated. The staff at the Bistro as well as the front desk were exceptional, funny and fast. The only issue was the air conditioner in the room had a hard time keeping up and was loud but not enough to prompt me to call the front desk. It was, however, one of the hottest days of the year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your feedback is critical to the success of our hotel. I will pass on your kind words to our funny staff. We enjoy what we do and I guess it shows. I hope next time you are in Jacksonville, you will give us another opportunity to make you laugh.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Updated rooms, clean bathrooms, great location, nice staff. What else do you need? If you are looking for a place near I 95, don't look any further. It's worth the money. Oh, almost forgot... we left behind some personal belongings and of course, we got them back with no hassle.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank yaser z

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our location here in Jacksonville. Your recommendation means a great deal to our hotel. I am happy to hear we were able to assist you with your lost belongings. I hope that next time you are in Jacksonville you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We decided to stop on our way to Disney World and were looking for a hotel in Jacksonville. I'm very glad that we picked here! Between the friendly hotel staff and spacious/ clean rooms we were pleasantly surprised. It was a great value since we only paid $100 for the night and everything was perfect! I definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean/ nice place to spend the night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin M

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is great to here that we were able to accomodate you so well on your way to Disney. I appreciate your recommendation and I hope that next time you are in Jacksonville, you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business and it is about a 25 minute drive to the airport and downtown Jacksonville. It is about 20 minutes to closest beach and 1 hour to St. Augustine (worth the drive if you can). The hotel has a good selection of breakfast. The rooms are clean and the staff is very accommodating. No parking rates and not that much noise comes in the room. They even got me a fridge in my room. There is no shuttle and for this town a car rental is a necessity.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I appreciate the feedback you gave in regards to the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I agree a rental car is necessary because of all of the exciting things to do in and around Jacksonville. I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I and our two children (ages 7 and 10) stayed here on our way back and forth (one night heading to and one night coming) from the Ft Myers, Fl area where our main vacation time was spent.

We very much enjoyed this hotel: the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms and lobby were updated, and the room itself was clean. We stayed in a 2 room King Suite, so that we'd have plenty of room to stretch out and we were all very happy. The location is very nice and convenient, though we didn't spend but two nights here so I can't say much more than that.

We were very pleased and will keep this hotel on our radar for future Florida trips.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FullBuffer
Shannon D, General Manager at Courtyard Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am happy to hear we were able to make you and your families stay an enjoyable one. We hope to see you on your next trip to Florida.