“Perfect Employees and Management”

Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #50 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kenner, Louisiana, United States
“Perfect Employees and Management”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am staying at the Candlewood Suites in Jacksonville, FL and find the employees are absolutely perfect... Management and maintenance at the hotel is superb...Housekeeping goes out their way to assure your room is nothing less than perfect....Not enough words in the dictionary to describe the thoroughly excellent management and employees.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on our staff and property. I agree, we have some of the best hospitality staff there is and they all take pride and ownership to ensure our guests feel both welcome and pleased to stay with us while in Jacksonville. We appreciate your time and your rating of your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Groveland, Florida
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this location last week while in Jacksonville for work. I am so pleased with the property that this will be my "go to" place to stay when I go back. The room, and the property were clean and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Apparently, they are in a renovation cycle, as while I was there, they started replacing the bathroom mirrors. As I was staying for the week, I had "moved-in" and packing my toiletries so they wouldn't be in the way would be inconvenient. The replacement process was scheduled to begin on Thursday morning, so I asked if they could please wait to work in my room after I checked out early Friday morning. The staff was pleased to assist, and they did wait until after I checked out, and I appreciated their willingness to adjust their plans for my comfort. Thank you for making my stay a pleasant experience.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Oregon, Ohio
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is my first stay at a Candlewood property. I am still here, but couldn't wait to submit a review. Needless to stay, this place is top notch! I experienced a first tonight. I have never seen a hotel that had a "grill gazebo" Moreover, what a brilliant idea! Not only did it give me a chance to pick up a Porterhouse steak, but also provided me with a chance to meet other guests from different walks of life while we grilled out. Second, I am not sure if this is standard; however, I found the ability to do laundry for FREE very generous and quite the comfort. Personally, I booked my stay using points and didn't pay cash; however, if I was to put a price per night on this property I would happily pay $130 a night for this property. While the area is not exactly premium for those looking to lay out on the beach (at least in February) it is very close to the Jags (NFL team) stadium and I am sure there are other attraction in the area, but I am only here for one night.

Check-in was a breeze. I arrived early and actually felt bad because the FDC wasn't able to provide rooms to those trying to check in early. The room had a full kitchen minus an actual oven. Clearly this hotel is meant for "extended stays" but do not fear booking this hotel for just one night such as myself. I have stayed in "extended stay" hotels with different hotel brands and they couldn't hold a "candle" (like that reference) hehe to this place. Normally I focus my stays with HIE properties; however, this shined a light that may sway me to stay at Candlewood properties instead.

I struggled to find ANYTHING negative about this property. WIth that said, the only suggestions or ideas I could think of was having a heated pool and adding a hot tub to the pool area. I have always been a big fan of the saying "ya get what you pay for" WIth this property, I feel like I got above and beyond what was paid. Who would've thought putting a grilling area outside would be so cool. It is hip, unique, and priceless. Great stay and would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: Bring a steak!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Wow! Your very detailed description of your experience with us was wonderful to read! Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a complete wrap-up of our property and the amenities that we offer our guests; yes, we love our transient guests as well as our long term guests and both are very welcome at Candlewood Suites hotels...plus, you can use your IHG reward points here too! We hope you will choose to stay with us again, and add other Candlewood Suites locations to your future travels. We have over 300 locations to choose from across the country. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a detailed description and comments on your recent stay!
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Had to have a place to stay for one night before getting on a cruise boat for 5 days. Called Candlewood, got quick, friendly, professional service at a really good rate. Arrived after the front desk person was gone, picked up the phone to reach someone to assist with getting the room key and within minutes an employee met us at the door and helped us get our key and our rooms. Rooms were very clean, spacious and perfect for what we needed. The beds were very comfortable, especially after a 6 hour drive. Check out was a breeze and the location could not have been better for us. If we ever cruise out of Jacksonville again, we will be staying at the Candlewood.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank david e
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
You are perfect for us too! Thank you for choosing to stay with us before departing on your cruise; we could not be more pleased that you had a comfortable sleep after the long drive. We hope you will return if your travels bring you back to Jacksonville...or there is another cruise in your plans! We appreciate the 5-Stars and your comments.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean... nothing fancy. The hallways and front desk seemed a little dated. The area was very quiet and there was easy access to I-95. The nearest restaurant was a Dave and Busters that you could walk to in about 5 to 10 minutes. The staff was very efficient. All in all ... nothing to write home about. An above average Candlewood Suites.

Stayed October 2013
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Please know how much we appreciate you business and time in posting on your stay with us this year. We hope to see you back in the future; also, you mentioned that the hallway carpet seems to be a bit outdated and we're happy to be able to share with you that we will be putting in new carpeting in the corridors of the hotel. Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the place a lot. The rooms were big. Had recliners and good tv. Had a kitchen with everything you would need for a months stay to cook every night if needed. They had laundry room and a lot of things to make it feel like home.

It felt a little like an old folks home facility in the dates carpets and big halls and big doorways, community areas and such. But I enjoyed it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your recent stay, and thank you for providing feedback and comments on your experience. Please know that the carpets in the suites were changed in the fall of 2012 during our renovation. We are sorry that you find them dated and that they did not meet your expectations; we want our guests to enjoy everything about their stay. The hallway carpeting is scheduled to be changed out soon, and this we agree is ready for updating! We are always working to keep our property clean and fresh for the best guest experience and exceeding expectations. Thank you again, and please visit with us again the next time your travels bring you to Jacksonville.
Gouda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've spent one week at the Candlewood Suites in Jacksonville, Florida, and all I can say is this hotel had everything I needed. Friendly staff, central location (shopping malls, restaurants and anything else you might find handy just across the street), plenty facilities, clean rooms, fully working and kitted kitchen, good bed (allbeit somewhat short for me, but that's always an issue), spacious and clean bathroom, and untimely warm weather in December. Highly recommended for anyone who prefers to make their own breakfast and is looking for an accessible and very affordable hotel in the Jacksonville area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
CWS4990, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with us and we would like to say thank your for the 4-star rating. We hope to see you again during your future travels to our area! Thank you.