“Great deal and nice place to stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Astoria
Grandview Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 8 Astoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We had a great time at this B& B. When we were driving into town, we saw an old building and we thought looks kind of scary. (Just kidding) When we entered the house, Charleen welcomed us and inside was very clean and beautiful. She explained to us everything we need to know about B&B and gave us several good restraunts to eat out and etc. Our room was very cheep (Secret garden) and had a small veiw of Colombia river. It was a very nice room! If you can find a sink, you are lucky! We had our own pillo so slept good! We stayed in the middle of the week, so there were only 1 or 2 other couple staying and very quiet. Breakfast was well prepared and all the dishes were very pretty. Lox is excellent and fruite was delicious, coffee was good and chocolate muffin was great too! Next day, we had a diffierent breakfast which was eggs, french toast stick, sausage, fruite etc. My husband had a corn flakes too! The staffs are very nice and friendly. Wifi works well so I did not have any problem using my iphone and computer!
We stayed for 4 days so we sure felt like we were going home everynight after the sightseeing!
I hope we can come back again. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saki_8_12

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Astoria is a wonderful place, steeped in history, folklore and legends of a colorful past with a great deal of local pride. There is an air of mystery here and maybe even a sense of the unusual. Well, never mind maybe, but that is one of the draws for us. The Grandview fits right into our travel experience here! While the owner is elderly (and the reviewers who found this to be distasteful or a problem really don't belong here) we love that she checks people in, enjoys meeting her customers, and always has a sharp sense of wit. She leaves the other tasks to her staff. The rooms are always clean and the views are great from many of the rooms. Plus, talk about a deal! For the affordable prices, breakfast is also included which I have found to be the best breakfast offered by any B & B locally. The reason is the Josephsons Wine and Maple smoked salmon produced locally and served with toasted bagels. We bring our own non dairy cream cheese and it's never an issue. There is fresh fruit, and warm blueberry muffins as well as coffee or tea and some orange juice. The service is wonderful and friendly, we have had some great conversations with the staff who are always happy to chat if they have the time and you can request a special table for breakfast if you want to dine alone. While the house may need a little paint touch up or a few minor repairs, its an OLD HOUSE, people! The pillows were OK, but you can bring your own, and keep in mind that there are no tvs in the rooms and the reading material is limited as well. Coffee, tea and hot cocoa are available 24 hours as there is a hot pot in the room and cups, spoons and all you need set out on a sideboard near the kitchen. It is private and quiet and an authentic place if that is what you are seeking. We have stayed at other B & Bs in Astoria, and it just isn't the same for us, some of those innkeepers had a real attitude, especially about accommodating our dietary needs. The Gazebo, Treetops, Little Hummers and Cloud 9 rooms have the best view. We had a young raccoon curled up and sleeping on an upper balcony during the day, and spotted lots of deer in the yard. You can walk to downtown in about 3 minutes. So nice to slow down the pace for awhile and head to Astoria. This is a wonderful Victorian town and the Grandview is the perfect accompaniment for us. Thank you to all the staff and to Charlene, we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank originaloregongirl
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grandview April 2012. First of all the owner (Charleen) is not
too OLD. She was genuinely nice and very helpful we felt welcome (even though we have different last names). The House has not been updated in a very long time however it is very clean, great location, great price. Our room was large, clean, quiet and we sleep well all three nights.
The breakfast was good,excelent lox the lst day, eggs the 2nd and so on. Table very
well set, staff nice and friendly.
If you are looking for a modest B&B in Astoria I would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alex v
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The B&B was very pretty when we drove up, but the owner made me almost change my mind about staying here. She is too old to be running a business and answered the door with her walker and wearing socks. She tried to be nice but it didn't come natural for her and I kept looking at my husband like "let's get out of here!" We ended up staying and fortunately not seeing her again, so it went ok after that. Our room was comfortable but not overly impressive. There were some repairs that were needed but probably appropriate for as old as it is. We did enjoy our breakfast and saw deer walking around the yard so that was a nice treat. The views were nice. They should have played music while having breakfast so it would not feel as uncomfortable and would have set a nicer atmosphere. I would not go back here as I was not overly impressed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie H
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were especially delighted with the views,staff and breakfast.The mischievous ("I have been known to short sheet beds") inn keeper has a wicked wit
and seemed to enjoy teasing us with her remarks...The breakfast staff were also attentive but not intrusive....We brought our own pillows after reading reviews about the
exceedingly hard ("filled with gravel") house pillows.The double pillows however were soft
and although the mattress was firm it permitted a good nights sleep.The neighborhood was
far quieter than the hotel strip plus fellow B&B guests were very quiet after 10pm.Perhaps the absence of TVs and forbidden "intoxicants" also accounted for the welcome atmosphere...A short walk traversing the steep hill permits views of restored Victorian and historical homes..Although some did not like choice of lox I learned that the fish was chosen to honor history since the original owner was in the salmon fishing business.
This B&B is not for the humorless nor anal retentive but if you want a genuine Astoria
experience at a fair price I would highly recommend the Grandview B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Having rejuevenated 2 old Portland homes, I looked forward to our anniversary get away at this Victorian B&B. But it ended up making me sad for that old place. The walls were poorly papered (bubbled and peeling). The staff were really nice, the room was really clean but the bed was very hard and the pillows felt like bags of gravel. I couldn't sleep the first night on the polyester sheets. I really felt a sad presence in the Gazebo Room, maybe a ghost, or someone had died in the room. The breakfast was heavy on carbs. I felt funky the rest of the day just having a tiny bit of fruit, a big cheese bagel and sweet muffin.
I couldn't help mentally trying to tear down the awful composition ceiling tiles, stripping off all the wallpaper, removing paint on the wood work, painting the walls a pretty light blue and decorating them with some of the wonderful old photographs of sea captains, ships and framed pressed wildflowers we saw shopping downtown. The furnishings were all over the place and looked like they had been rescued from Goodwill without thought to fitting in with the house.
Maybe someday I will be a ghost trying to refurbish this old place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This may be America's answer to Basil Fawlty with occasional frayed edges to boot, but perhaps what I found funny some would find uncomfortable. If you have clear expectations (apart from the fact you should check into a hotel not an extension of someone's home) then be warned: this is a dry house that prefers well behaved families. I marked the rooms down only because they're slightly frayed and lacking in a few facilities (TV, cups to go with the kettle) but this is more than compensated for by the beautiful views and furnishings. Breakfast was lovely and made this overall best value stay in the US so far.

• Stayed: July 2011