Grandview Bed and Breakfast
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$111
  • Restaurant
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotels.com
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$88
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Courtesy and cleanliness count for something. However, 28-year-old conversions of an older Victorian home to a B&B need updating before they are 28-years-old. This B&B needs new management and a makeover. Breakfast was lacking in variety and execution. Bagels ought never to be warmed in a microwave. Smoked salmon was great; but if you don't like "seafood" you're stuck. Blinds or curtains on the windows would improve privacy and limit bright streetlights shining into the room all night. A better B&B would have less sound conduction between rooms and non-squeaky bedframes. Though this house has some good potential, you would probably do better by finding a deal somewhere else in Astoria.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dmeade
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My daughter and grandson stayed here while seeing Astoria and the Goonie House. We stayed in the Tree Tops suite with a private balcony. Charlene the owner is a unique lady. Gruff, but likeable. Old Victorian home that could use a little updating, but we enjoyed ourselves. We will definately rent the same room if it's available. Nice to sit out in the evening and look at the river.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank agoonie
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Bed and Breakfast Inns are a mixed bag. I've stayed in all kinds. I think this is one of the good ones. Was it the most luxurious? No - but the price was right, we got everything just as it was advertised and enjoyed the stay.

The lady who runs this place is a hoot. Her primary concern is that you do not bring any alcohol into her establishment. Next she wants to get your money. And finally, she wants to convert you to her religion. The eccentricity of the landlady is a bonus you'll enjoy, if you've got a sense of humor.

We stayed in Little Hummers, which is a spacious, if unique venue. It's on the Columbia River side of the house, so the view is quite grand - or at least as grand as you can get in Astoria. It was not my favorite city in Oregon. I say unique, because we couldn't figure out exactly what was going on. At one time there may have been a kitchenette up there, but now it's just weird.

To get to Little Hummers you have to go up the imposing staircase in the entry hall. Marvelous. You really get the whole Victorian thing. The room however was more Sears or Penney's than Victoria. There was a white metal bed which was most likely picked up at a thrift store. Not the best mattress we slept on, but the whole canopy thing is charming when you enter the room.

In the hall downstairs is a snack and beverage bar. Lots of variety, but I think some of it has been there for a very long time. But the snacks are not reflective of breakfast - WOW. Pull out the good china and impress your guests. Very nice presentation and good food. Pleasant company around the breakfast table.

If I had it all to do again, I would have skipped Astoria, but if I returned to Astoria, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Lets start this off by saying, this home has definitely seen better days.

Ok now that we have that said. You must like vintage, and old grand Victorians. You have to see the beauty beyond the peeling dated wall paper.

Yes the inn keeper still answers the door in her socks with her walker. We didn't mind that. She does leave you puzzled to as she maintains a home that size as its pretty apparent she probably can't walk the stairs. She's still abrupt, but we didn't mind.

She does have lots of rules. But it's her home. That and we both agreed that if we shorted the circuits, as its a very old home, we might have to help her reset them, so we didn't mind at all. We stayed in tree tops. And loved it. We did get free reign to look at all the rooms with open doors and each room had its own theme. And we found several we'd like to come back and stay.

Inn keeper had lots of reading info on where to eat, the side board with nuts and drinks was great. And we didn't see her after we checked in.

The husband mentioned hot water for the shower wasnt really hot but it was warm.

Breakfast wasnt bad. Fruit nicely present, eggs and French toast sticks and a muffin. Served by a young man that looked to be at least 15. But we didn't mind. He was nice.

This was our first stay at a B&B. I wish I could help her restore it to its grandeur. But I didn't mind. It was clean and homey and reminded me of my childhood growing up in old homes in Portland.

Will be back

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Rocknominoe
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Last September, my husband and I went to Astoria on a weekend and we spent one night there, the place is an old house but clean and functional, the owner was very nice, breakfast was ok and very filling, there were several choices of hot drinks in the hallway that we could take to our room. Overall, we had a good experience, considering that we didn't spend much time there since it was such a short visit in Astoria, we only needed a clean, safe place to spent the night, we payed a little under a hundred dollars for the room which we though was very reasonable. The location was very convenient and we got a little bit of ocean view from our room.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple