“fish food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this looks like a little hole in the wall but it is a boat on dry land. They serve fish and it is good. for lunch only, come early. it may tke a bit to get food but it is worth it. probable one of the best fish and chip places I have been to.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great fish and chips from a funky bow picker. Eat outside preferable on the river front watching the boat traffic.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have seen the lines at the Bowpicker as I drove around Astoria. Finally stopped by with the family on a Sunday. Friendly staff, great fish & chips. Firm, maybe tuna? Crumbly coating. I overindulged with a full serving. Half would be plenty for lunch. I'll be back!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Waited in line for this. Didn’t realize it would take quite as long as it did. Food was good....worth the wait? Eh, maybe. Half was plenty (3 pieces of fish). Only has fish and chips-nothing else.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

After several of my friends had raved about this place, I took their advice and dined there. I must say that the fish was superb! A delicate and crunchy batter surrounding perfectly cooked fillets. It was simply delightful and worth the $9 half-order. I wasn't too wild about the chips though, they could have been cooked a bit longer to develop that golden crispy texture on the outside but they were not bad.

I'm still hoping to find fish n' chips as good as the ones I had the Queen St. Chip Shop in Dunoon, Scotland, but that's a mighty tall order! Bowpickers will have to do in the meantime.