“Fun for kids”

Astoria Aquatic Center
Ranked #21 of 56 things to do in Astoria
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We visited the aquatic center as a family (mom, 15 year old, 7 year old). We paid $15 to get in. When we asked about lockers (we had read they were included), we were told we could purchase a lock. I declined, locked my purse in the car, and took a chance on leaving our clothes in a closed but unlocked locker. It was fine. My 7 year old had a fabulous time, as did I. Although the lazy river was much smaller than I expected, I enjoyed floating along it, as well as "racing" my daughter. She loved the water slide and went on it multiple times. I finally got in the hot tub, which was way too crowded- it would be much better if it was adults only.
The showers and locker room were adequate. Towels are not included, so make sure you bring your own. We spent a few hours, and my daughter begged to go back again. We couldn't, but on our next trip we will!

3  Thank Sarah S

Reviewed 14 October 2012

The boys went and did not seem to have had a good time. They sadd theeer were betrtter pools at home. I would not recommend this when thre is so much more to see that is educational.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My kids definitely enjoyed the center and we will be back again. Staff was friendly and helpful

2  Thank Terra P
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The was alot of fun, went in a group, big pool... would go again

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nice pool but very crowded at times. Kids can get a little too agressive so it's better to stay close to or watch your kids. Mine are bigger and I still watch them. Fun waterslide and lifeguards seem to watch it very well.